WINDBLOWN
DUST IN THE WIND, ALL THEY ARE IS DUST IN THE WIND
Welcome to Windblown, a modern supernatural roleplay revolving around the city of Windblown, Colorado. Though humanity may still be reeling from the shocking realization that the monsters are real, the supernatural community grapples with maintaining diplomatic relations with their more mundane neighbors. Windblown has been a testament that the normal and paranormal can live together peacefully, but is that peace sustainable? As the city develops and grows the oversight of the Supernatural Investigations Division has become more obvious. In the city of Windblown there's always been an unspoken rule - if you can't control yourself, SID will.

WINDBLOWN
SPOTLIGHT AWARDS
The votes are in and the June of the Months have been announced! The members have spoken and the spotlights have been filled! Congratulations to those who've grabbed a coveted space and thank you to everyone who participated in the nomination and voting process. We know it was hard to choose one character for each spot given how many spectacular critters we have running around! Junes's Surprise might have been Our Local Law Enforcement but who knows what the next will be.

Keep your eyes peeled!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply
New Poll

Bad Night Turning Good, Tag: Jackson
Vivian Avery
 Posted: Apr 21 2014, 03:38 AM

67 POSTS

"Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten."

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary
Tagging: Jackson

[url=http://www.polyvore.com/vivian_dressy/set?id=119878897&lid=3528365]Outfit[/url

Word Count:659

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Vivian had been excited when one of her old college mates said they would be stopping by in town for some business meeting. But they would have a bit of free time and could meet some place for some drinks. She knew the perfect place and suggested Strangefellows, giving the address to the place along with tips on how to get there. It was a Sunday evening, which meant she could scoot away from the diner a lot easier. As it happened to be one of the slower nights. But she did make sure to let those who were working that night to call her cellphone if anything happened to come up. With that all set aside, she made her way back home to get ready for the evening. There was no real reason for her to get all dolled up, she just wanted to look a bit classy for when she met up with her friend. One of those, oh look at how well I am doing. Some of her friends had teased her a little bit about her wanting to put so much effort into her family diner, like she would not make much for herself. So she was more then happy to prove them wrong by out dressing them. It might seem a bit petty to some, but it was always a bit of idle rivalry amongst friends.

There was huge grin upon her face as she looked at herself in the mirror. Vivian could not believe how giddy she was tonight. Regardless of why, after a touch of pink lip gloss she was ready to go. The were plenty of leftovers in the fridge for her siblings, so she knew they would not starve themselves while she was out for the night. Before she got ready, she made sure have something herself as she knew it was a bad idea to have any amount of alcohol in your system when you had not eaten. She quietly slipped out of the house, in hopes of not getting any teasing comments from any of her siblings. She was already getting enough from Harmony, her spirit friend, that she did not the extra teasing from her siblings. Not to mention the million questions she was bound to get. But she had escaped the house without anyone noticing and made her way to Stranglefellows. Once she was there, she carefully glanced around to see if her friend was there. But it would seem like she was early, so she decided to find a place for them to sit at the bar on one of the corners. They could always move later to one of the tables if need be.

” Cosmopolitan, please.” Vivian said to the bartender as she sat down at the bar. Not too many people were sitting at the bar, which she was counting as lucky. While she was waiting for her drink to arrive, she heard phone buzz lightly letting her know she had a text message. She quickly pulled her phone out to see what it was, only to find out that her friend had to cancel their plans and this meet up would have to happen another time. She frowned a little feeling so stupid that she had gotten dressed up for nothing and felt like she should just rush back home to curl up with a good book or something. But she was far too stubborn for that, no she was going to enjoy at least one drink and try not to feel sorry for herself too much. “Thank you.” She said softly as her drink was brought to her. She took a nice long sip feeling a bit better. The drink was pretty good and a lot better then the stuff she would drink when she was feeling like crap and wanting to get drunk at home. At least she had a good drink to keep her company for now.

PMEmail
^
Jackson Devereaux
 Posted: Apr 21 2014, 03:48 PM

PLAYED BY

CommentaryYay!I can't help myself, I'm a foolJackson looked down at the massive pile of paperwork he had yet to do, and huffed under his breath. Yeah, so not getting that done tonight. The sun had set, the moon was rising, and he was ready to head out for the night, to find himself some fun lay or other form of enjoyment. That and his flask was almost empty, so he needed refills, lots of them too. He could probably hit up the local booze store for some more for his stores too. With that in mind, he closed everything up and smiled to himself, locking the office up after grabbing his shit and then locked the place up, as always the last one there for the night, knowing if his other employees needed to get in, they could text him or just talk to his right hand assistant, who could tell them where the backup key was. He tossed his stuff in the back of his car, and then got rid of his suit jacket, hanging it up in the backseat of his car, before settling into the driver’s seat. The ride wasn’t long, he wasn’t far away of course, and it was a short drive, although time always did pass quickly for him.He reached Strangefellows not long after, and smiled to himself, getting out and locking his car, pocketing his keys, all after dropping his flask off in the passenger seat, since he really wasn’t going to need it since he was going to a bar. He headed inside, and took a seat to the one side of the bar, ordering his typical Jack Daniels, go figure, and flirted shamelessly with the bartender on the job at the time. They all practically knew him by now, if nothing other than his name, because come on, he was there at least once a week. He didn’t like playing favorites, but this bar was certainly up there if he were to have a list. He wasn’t there too long when he heard someone sit down not far over from him, and he smiled slowly, checking her out without turning to look at her, looking at her from the corner of his eye as she ordered her drink and read something on her phone. He could work with this. He grinned into his bottle, drinking what was left before trading it off for another with a wink for the tender.He saw the bartender give the lovely lady her drink, heard her soft, “Thank you.” As she took her drink from them and took a long sip, making him smile knowingly. He got up and moved to sit beside her, his gaze warm and friendly as he offered her his hand. ”Name’s Jackson Devereaux, but mos’ call me JD, er Jack Daniels. Someone leave ya high’n dry, Miss…?” He asked in the Southern drawl of his, his gaze interested, as he looked her over, but not in what one might consider a rude way. ”If’n yer not mindin’ my joinin’ ya, maybe ah can keep ya comp’ny, if’n that’s amiable.” He offered, chuckling quietly as he took a sip of his drink in turn, his gaze never leaving her as he patiently awaited her response, if she said no, well, there were others, but something told him she’d be fun.
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: Apr 22 2014, 01:42 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

[url=http://www.polyvore.com/vivian_dressy/set?id=119878897&lid=3528365]Outfit[/url

Word Count:592

Vivian had been really bummed that her plans for the evening had not panned out. But the drink she had ordered seemed to be making up for it already. Oh if she was not careful she was going to end up with having like twelve of these, why in the world were they so good. Though it would seem as she was lost in the deliciousness of her drink someone had come up to join her. And he sure seemed like a friendly time. “H-hello there.” She stuttered just a bit with her greeting. Her blue eyes fell upon his hand that he was offering up along with giving her, his name. There was a faint hint of blush rushing to her cheeks as she listened to him speak. She was so going to blame this on alcohol and not at all on the fact she might just think his accent was wonderful. “Nice too meet you, Jackson. I am Vivian, and my friends call me Vivian.” She had a nickname from her little sister but it was not one she really wanted to share with the bar guy that happened to have a cute accent. She took his hand so they could shake in a proper greeting, feeling bad for leaving him high and dry for so long. Which quickly followed by her taking another sip of her drink, in hopes of not being so flustered anymore.

”And yes, I was suppose to meet an old college friend but they canceled at the last minute. So here I am trying to make the best of night.” Vivian said with a bit of a laugh. The alcohol may give her some more courage but it was also making her share things about herself rather quickly. “But I am sure a guy like you does not want to here the sad woes from a gal like me.” She said softly, watching his face while she took another sip of her drink. She was trying her best to sound all cool, even though she was pretty sure that was not at all how she was coming across. Not to mention that she would love his company but she did not want to seem too desperate. And there he had asked her about joining her. She knew she needed to play this well or she might come across as some bar floozy. “Well if you really have nothing else to do tonight, I would not be against having some company. “At least until she happened to finish her drink or three as it might be the case. She had plenty of more reasons to stick around at the bar tonight.

It was an old saying about one door closing and another one opening up. Vivian thought that was the best way to describe her evening right now. “So do you often come to bars and rescue young ladies from sitting alone?” She asked as her eyes were fixed on his face. She wanted to see how he reacted to her question, even if it was a rather silly question on her part. “Well, either way, I will considered myself lucky. As I planned to rush on home when my plans were canceled. But I think I have found a reason to stay.” She winked a little. She was being a little flirty tonight, which she was still putting all the blame on the alcohol. At least that was the story she was cooking up and she was going to stick to it.

PMEmail
^
Jackson Devereaux
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 12:46 PM

PLAYED BY

CommentaryYay!I can't help myself, I'm a foolJackson couldn’t help but think that the lovely woman sitting all alone at the bar looked delightfully delicious, maybe she’d make a good meal. But no, first he would see just what kind of person they were, and decide his approach from there. When in doubt, play the gentleman. But the thing was, he was a gentleman, truly was, and so it wasn’t as though he were acting when he spoke up, and sure, he was flirtatious, but that was who he was. “H-hello there.” She stuttered a bit, something he found adorable, just as well as when she blushed a bit, and he chuckled. “Nice too meet you, Jackson. I am Vivian, and my friends call me Vivian.” She returned, and he grinned crookedly, endearingly. ”It’s a pleasure ta meet ya, darlin’, Miss Vivian.” He said warmly, his accent caressing the syllables of her name in such a way that never failed to seem to get girls blushing. ”And yes, I was supposed to meet an old college friend but they canceled at the last minute. So here I am trying to make the best of night.” She said with a bit of a laugh that had him smiling rakishly.”Well ah ‘ope ah can live up ta tha standard, darlin’.” He told her, his eyes glinting with amusement and sincerity. He’d like to see if by the end of the night she could even remember that she’d been stood up by anyone. “But I am sure a guy like you does not want to hear the sad woes from a gal like me.” Vivian said softly, watching his face as she took another sip of her drink, and he smiled warmly to her, leaning a bit closer as he chuckled gently. ”Ya’d be surprised jus’ what ah like listenin’ ta. Try me.” He told her honestly, almost looking as though he were going to place his hand on her thigh but deciding against it, gentleman, be a gentleman. “Well if you really have nothing else to do tonight, I would not be against having some company.” She added eventually, and he grinned. Victory. ”Well ah would hardly call ya borin’ comp’ny, so even if ah did ‘ave comp’ny ah wouldna mind joinin’ ya now that ya’ll ‘ave me.” JD told her with a wink. He truly was incorrigible, but he was also being very good, considering his normal temperament. Usually at this point he’d be all up in her space, feeling her up now and then, murmuring in her ear, but instead he was respectfully hanging back, even if with the way he was turned on his stool, his right knee lightly brushing her hip, but that was still respectful, more of an accidental thing.“So do you often come to bars and rescue young ladies from sitting alone?” She asked, her eyes fixed on his face, even as he smiled and winked playfully. ”Naw, only tha lovely ‘uns like ya.” He told her easily, his gaze never leaving hers, letting her see the genuine truth in them, after all, the only thing he did often was drink, smoke, and find a lay or two for the night. “Well, either way, I will considered myself lucky. As I planned to rush on home when my plans were canceled. But I think I have found a reason to stay.” Vivian winked a little, and in return he rewarded her with a slow grin that had the capacity for making those that held his attention a little hot under the collar. ”Oh, dat so? Ah doan think ah know what ya mean, maybe ya should enlight’n me, yeah?” He teased back flirtatiously, grinning shamelessly as he watched her curiously, with no small amount of attraction and interest.
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 04:33 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Word Count:630

Vivian could not remember the last time she felt so flustered. Yet here she was stuttering saying Hello to a real cute guy. But she was glad that she was able to find some confidence afterward. Flirting was not really she had done often and for the past couple of years she had been pretty busy with running the diner. So this was a pleasant surprise. And it was a lot better to have someone to drink with her over drinking alone. It was just an added bonus that the guy happened to be pretty cute with an wonderful accent. She felt like she could just melt away listening to him talk. This was the first time she was okay with being all silent and just letting the person talk. But she had a feeling it might come across a bit weird for her to ask him just to keep on talking. Plus it would not be as fun if she did not chime in a bit every now and again. “I do not have any doubts.” She said with a bit of giggle. Gosh, she was acting like a school girl with some crush. Hey, being attracted to someone made you do some weird things.

It was quite refreshing that Jackson was being such a gentleman. Even though Vivian really had not been out much to get hit on, there were plenty of creeps that you could meet at the bar. And those were so not the kind of guys she wanted to deal with. That would have just been salt too the wound. Instead, she was being rewarded for plans that had fallen through. Whoever was looking out for her, she was very thankful for them sending this stunning gentleman. Even though what he said might have come across as a cheesy pick up line, she found herself unable to resist. Again, she was blaming the alcohol for lowering her inhibitions but it was also because she simply adored his accent. But despite it being cheesy, he was still rather polite and had not once gotten handsy with her. Now that was a quality she could admire in anyone, a man at a bar with self control. “Now here I feel you say that to all the pretty ladies you come across.” She said playfully, even adding in her own wink. Funnily enough, even if it was true, she was not too bothered by it. One night of fun would not be the end of her, sometimes it is okay to live a bit out of the norm.

” Well I am glad to know that my desire to get all dolled up for the evening was not wasted.” Vivian grinned widely, staring back at him. It was such a sweet thing to say, every woman liked to hear they were pretty now and again. She was absolutely no different in that. Now he was pretty much calling her out on her little bit of flirting. “Well I have met a pretty handsome guy with a charming accent that rescued me from being all alone. I think that merits a good enough reason to stay.” She curled her lips up to a bit of a smirk as her pale blue eyes did not leave his face once. Until she was satisfied that her comment got across, and took a drink once again. “So outside of giving pretty gals like me some attention what do you normally do? Like your job and what you like to do for fun?” She asked feeling a bit silly that she immediately when to talking about business, but it was just an old habit that did not go away very easily. Even when around guys that she was trying to flirt with.

PMEmail
^
Jackson Devereaux
 Posted: May 3 2014, 03:40 PM

PLAYED BY

CommentaryYay!I can't help myself, I'm a foolJackson liked this woman. Something about her drew him in, and he wondered at just whether she knew how dangerous he could be. He doubted it, because honestly, few ever did. It wasn’t that he was particularly harmless looking, it was just that it was far easier to see him as the endearing drunk guy who’d try and flirt the pants off of anything that well…wore pants…or other forms of concealing clothing. Either way, he didn’t often resort to being dangerous anyhow. He just wasn’t the best of influences, that was for sure. And this lovely woman sitting beside him? She was just begging to be darkened, tainted, even. And he didn’t know if that was to be a good thing. “I do not have any doubts.” She said with a bit of a giggle that had him grinning, eyes glinting with amusement. He could smell the attraction coming off of her in waves, along with her scent. Softly floral, definitely edible to him. He wouldn’t mind getting a taste of her.And of course, not just her blood. ”Dat’s good ta know, yeah. Ah doan want ta think that ah might not be good comp’ny. An’ if ah start ta be, ya let me know, and ah’ll see ta spice it up, yeah?” He said with a husky chuckle of amusement, his eyes fixed on her, barely leaving for more than a few seconds at a time, because honestly, she looked so pure he felt he might get a cavity or something from it all. “Now here I feel you say that to all the pretty ladies you come across.” Vivian said playfully, adding in her own wink even as he laughed in return, grinning mischievously. ”Ah, well, ah doan say dat ta jus’ anyone, darlin’. Ah like ta think ah save dat line fer tha special ones.” He told her, and maybe it was actually true. After all, most of the time, he just said as few words as it took to get into their pants and that was that. ”Well I am glad to know that my desire to get all dolled up for the evening was not wasted.” Vivian grinned widely, staring back at him, and he honestly swore she was mesmerizing. Was she a siren or something, maybe? Because her happiness was infectious, and even him with his doom and gloom outlook on life, that pessimistic part of him, was being drawn in, like a moth to flame. “Well I have met a pretty handsome guy with a charming accent that rescued me from being all alone. I think that merits a good enough reason to stay.” She added, curling her lovely lips up in a bit of a smirk as her pale blue eyes kept to his face. ”Well ah fer one am glad ya got ditched, if only ‘cause den ah get ya ta mahself, yeah? An’ ah doan know what ‘andsome guy ya’re talkin’ bout, ah doan see ‘un anywhere.” He told her mischievously, winking rakishly. “So outside of giving pretty gals like me some attention what do you normally do? Like your job and what you like to do for fun?” She asked, and he grinned, shaking his head and tsking playfully. ”Ah, ah, ah, non o’ dat, darlin’. This is goan ta be jus’ ‘bout us and who we are, yeah?”
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 5 2014, 05:59 PM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Word Count:611

Now she was a bit curious just what might he would do to spice things up. Vivian was usually the kind of woman that liked keep things simple and calm. But it was like she wanted to simply test the waters to see what he would do to make things interesting. “I shall keep that in mind.” She said softly. It was almost like it was on the tip of her tongue. She would keep playing coy, just as she always had. Part of her really wanted to step outside her comfort zone, but still she wanted to play it safe. She also going to blame this conflicting emotions on the alcohol since it did happen to lower inhibitions. But she also remembered the old saying about drunken words are sober thoughts. Perhaps it was the same for bringing about parts of people that went against how they normally felt. Or maybe she was just being completely silly for the fact she was attracted this man. Oh how complex things could be sometimes.

Vivian giggled once more, feeling her cheeks go warm from blushing. He was just way too sweet with that little compliment! Of course she would not mind him saying things like that over and over. “I am happy that I am considered to be one of the specials ones.” She was still sure there were other ladies that he had said that too. It was so hard to keep being calm and collected, not some lovesick puppy. But she was stubborn enough to keep up with that. At least that was something that she had going for her. She did have some experience with romance and flirting in the past, all of it was pretty simple back then. But being so busy with keeping everything running at the diner and going to school before that, just had not left her with a lot of time. Yet here she was flirting and giggling like nothing else mattered. And perhaps that was good, and it was okay for her to let go just a little bit. This train of thought only seemed to spark more confidence in talking to him.

”Ha, you say that like you do not know!” Vivian said while giggling. “I think you know exactly that you are a rather good looking guy that has plenty of ladies wishing to talk to you.” She said glancing over a bit behind them where another young woman was sitting that had been looking their way. She really was glad that looks could not kills because she was pretty sure that she would be dead from the glare she got when she had notice the other woman watch Jackson. She glanced back to his face, “But I think we all naturally do it, wanting to hear other people we like to compliment us.” She smiled. Of course she tried to find out more about him, which only seemed to get a few more giggles from her. “So you like keeping things mysterious? Now I feel like you might secretly be some kind of superhero...” She giggled once more, just for how silly that was. “Hmm or perhaps you are a villain in disguise and I would be extra careful that you do not whisk me away for some evil plot.” She winked at him. Not that she really believed either one of those scenarios, it was just fun to think about. “So if we are going to keep it about just us, what does that exactly involve?” She took another sip of her drink, as her she continued to glance at his face wondering what he would say.

PMEmail
^
Jackson Devereaux
 Posted: May 7 2014, 07:51 PM

PLAYED BY

CommentaryYay!I can't help myself, I'm a foolJackson didn’t know what it was about the lovely woman, but whatever it was, he was fascinated, truly. She was definitely not his usual type, but then…maybe he could make an exception for once. He could do that. It wasn’t as though if he messed up he’d never find another, there were always others, even though that did make him sound like a cocky ass, but it was true. “I shall keep that in mind.” She said softly, and JD had the urge to lean closer, make a pretense of hearing her better, when really, he just wanted another breath of her sweet scent. She smelled fresh, clean, with a hint of vanilla and coffee that was surprisingly enticing. He liked it. He sent a grin her way, watched her as he sipped his own alcoholic beverage, enjoying it greatly, but taking his time for once because he was in no hurry, he’d much rather enjoy the company of this lovely woman.She giggled once more, her cheeks going warm from her adorable blushing, and goodness, if she thought he was sweet, she was beyond cavity heaven. Because he wasn’t sweet, not by a long shot. At least, not on the outside he wasn’t. Few ever had a chance to see who he really was, and even if they did, it wasn’t for long, and they usually ended up dying. “I am happy that I am considered to be one of the specials ones.” Vivian said, and he chuckled softly, and sure, there had been others he’d told that to, but they were few and far in between, so honestly, considering his age, there wasn’t a single person alive that he’d said it too, but he probably shouldn’t mention that to her, since sometimes age was a turn off for those that weren’t too comfortable with the idea of immortality. So long as she still enjoyed her conversation and, ideally, her night, then he was going to consider it a success, and no, that success wasn’t going to be based off of whether he got in her pants or not.”Ha, you say that like you do not know!” The lovely young woman said while giggling. “I think you know exactly that you are a rather good looking guy that has plenty of ladies wishing to talk to you.” She said, glancing over, behind them, where he could feel someone else watching them, knew that it was probably one of those that thought they had a better chance, but he could tell they wouldn’t. “But I think we all naturally do it, wanting to hear other people we like to compliment us.” She added, smiling, and he chuckled, smiling warmly. ”Ah do know some o’ it, yeah, but ah doan want ta look fer anyone else, non.” He told her honestly, before chuckling and nodding once more. ”Oui, that is true, ah doan think there are many that doan want compliments.” He said thoughtfully. “So you like keeping things mysterious? Now I feel like you might secretly be some kind of superhero...” She said with another giggle, and he found himself fascinated by the sound, wondering if he could get more of those little sounds from her. “Hmm or perhaps you are a villain in disguise and I would be extra careful that you do not whisk me away for some evil plot.” His eyes darkened slightly at how close she was to the truth, but instead he just winked in return. ”Well ah guess ya might hafta stick ‘round ta find out, yeah, bébé?” He said teasingly, grinning. “So if we are going to keep it about just us, what does that exactly involve?” She took another sip of her drink, and he grinned. ”Well, ah know ah’d like ta know more ‘bout ya, yeah?”
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 8 2014, 10:33 PM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Outfit

Word Count:432

Vivian was a giggling mess tonight, and she was having so much fun with it. Who knew where this night would end up, but she was hoping that it ended nicely. Even if she was convinced the he used that line with other ladies, but she was happy to hear it. She could be more content that the good looking guy that was talking to her. Which she was as she was feeling more at ease around him the more they talked. Along with finding herself drinking more of her drink. It did make her feel a bit warm and fuzzy that she had pointed out the other woman who was look their way, and he did not seem interested at all. Just meant that she had won the attention of the hot guy in the bar. Thinking about made her feel even more giddy. “Something we have in common, since I am not interested in talking to anyone but you.” The tone of her voice was husky, as she was feeling more natural with flirting. Enough with being too coy, time to be more sensual. As she leaned back a little bit more in her chair, letting her dress show off some cleavage.

” I have no plans to got anywhere else. Like I said, I have a reason to stick around.” Vivian said provocatively as her eyes locked onto his briefly. She found the more she looked into his eyes, that she felt her heart flutter a bit faster. Which caused her to look away, using the drink in fishing it off as a bit of a excuse along with the bright redness of blush resting upon her cheeks. She waved down to the bartender once more to order herself another drink. A deep breath so compose herself once more before she looked back over to Jackson. “Well what would you like to know. Given that you have saved me from a horrible night, I will let you ask whatever you would like. Though do not be too mad if I am a lot more boring then you originally thought.” She spoke softly. At least she was willing to open up to him, she just did not know where she should start. As her drink arrived again, such quick service around here, she took a sip of it quickly. As this was helping her keep up being so bold, and would hopefully make it easier for her to ask questions. She turned her body just a bit, to the point that her knees were close to brushing up against his.

PMEmail
^
Jackson Devereaux
 Posted: May 23 2014, 09:41 AM

PLAYED BY

CommentaryYay!I can't help myself, I'm a foolJackson smiled, his gaze interested as he watched her, liking her so far. She was different than the type he usually went for, but it wasn’t a bad different at all. On the contrary, he liked her freshness, not in the sense of her personality, but in the sense that she seemed more natural, less faked and controlled, like she would share her mind without too much adjusting and…changing. He liked that. Honesty was the best way to get in with the Cajun male, and he knew not many would guess that, given his political status and how he’d gotten to live this long. As they talked, he didn’t fail to notice that the more they did, the more she drank, the more at ease she became, something he took to mean that it was a very good thing, his gaze warm with interest that was utterly genuine, not even paying any heed to the other woman in the sense that so long as she kept to herself he wouldn’t find a need to be rude to a woman. So long as she kept away from this lovely blonde that he was hoping to get closer to. “Something we have in common, since I am not interested in talking to anyone but you.” Her voice was husky, and the tone of it hit him straight in the gut, something that hadn’t happened in a long time, and he found himself shifting forwards a bit more in his seat as she leaned back.”Ah doan know ‘bout everyone else, but ah know that no one else has held my interest as ya are in a long time.” He said honestly, his gaze dropping to her cleavage in a simply male act, only to find her eyes just as swiftly, remaining there, mesmerized by their beauty. ”I have no plans to go anywhere else. Like I said, I have a reason to stick around.” She said, her tone simply entrancing, and he found himself leaning forward a bit more, resisting, barely, the urge to place his hand upon her thigh, stroke over her satin smooth skin and charm her. No, if she would accept his advances, they’d be without the entrancing quality of his skillful touches. Something in him refused to trick her, refused to lie to her, and he found himself disconcerted by it, but didn’t let that show, watching instead as she waved for another drink and looked back at him. “Well what would you like to know? Given that you have saved me from a horrible night, I will let you ask whatever you would like. Though do not be too mad if I am a lot more boring then you originally thought.” She spoke softly, and JD smiled her way, his gaze thoughtful. ”Well, how about what is yer favorite color? Favorite food? Favorite type o’ music? Do ya like honesty more than a little white lies? Are ya happy ya met me? If ah told ya ah wanted ta get ta know ya more…would ya say no?”
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 25 2014, 04:28 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Word Count:501

Being flirty was rather fun, something that Vivian did not do often. But when she did, she went out of her way to keep the person interested. Jackson had been one of those people that had been keeping her interested. Just the way he talked was enough to want to put effort just to keep him talking. Of course there were other things that were crossing her mind. But she was a proper young woman who was going to keep those things to herself. She would just go out of her way to keep his attention and to see where this night would lead them, perhaps she would be lucky enough to get his number and be able to meet him again. The thought made her feel rather giddy on top of how she was already feeling. So she was going to be determined tonight to make sure she can see him again.

”I am rather flattered by that. I was afraid that I might have come across as too boring.” Vivian giggled. She almost batted her eyelashes but felt that a bit silly. So she kept up her posture even though she was going a bit out of the way to show off her 'assets' to him. And it would seem like that had caught his attention if only briefly. The whole point she was happy that he was paying enough attention to still look. “And I will have to say the feeling is mutual.” At least when it came to this little bit of flirting. This almost felt a bit new to her but it was like she was feeling a bit rusty in the flirting department. At least she was keeping his attention.

Vivian giggle lightly at the questions he asked. They were so simple at the start but then became something deeper. “Well my favorite color is blue though I like other colors such as green and purples, things that are guess one would say are cool colors not as vibrant as reds or yellows.” It was a complex answer but she felt like she needed explain it. “I mostly like home cooking though if I were to say a favorite food in general it would probably be sushi.” She said softly, even if she did not get it often it was something that she enjoyed quite well. “Music wise, I would say I like a little bit of everything just as long as the music does not involve screaming at me.” Or anything that might blow out speakers and perhaps ear drums, which would rule out most hardcore metal bands. “I prefer honesty; however, I can understand not always being open about things for various reasons.” She did have a secret herself she was keeping for everyone she had met. “Though I can honestly that I am happy to have met you and I would say that I want to get to know you more too. So we have something in common.” She winked

PMEmail
^
Jackson Devereaux
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 05:18 PM

PLAYED BY

CommentaryYay!I can't help myself, I'm a foolJackson was actually enjoying his talk/banter with this lovely woman. She was beautiful, smart, and sweet. Honestly, she wasn’t the type he normally went for, because he knew that if he wanted to try and get her into his bed, it wasn’t going to just be overnight. Or maybe that was because he didn’t want it to be. Something about Vivian had him pausing, wondering, and waiting to see if maybe he should go slower, take his time for once, and see where things go. It was odd, this feeling, but he kind of liked it. Maybe for once he’d actually get a chance to enjoy himself, rather than just the physical aspect of things. Although he had a feeling that would be enjoyable as well. ”I am rather flattered by that. I was afraid that I might have come across as too boring.” She giggled and he chuckled warmly, gaze fixed on her curiously, as well as with true interest.”Ah doan think ya could be borin’ at all, darlin’.” He said honestly, watching her with faint amusement, noticing how she seemed to almost be putting on a show, puffing up like a female eying up her possible contender. It was endearing, though he was tempted to prove that she needn’t do that to keep his attention, she had snared his attention all too easily with just that sweet voice alone. “And I will have to say the feeling is mutual.” She said, and he grinned crookedly, eyes glinting rakishly as she giggled. “Well my favorite color is blue though I like other colors such as green and purples, things that are guess one would say are cool colors not as vibrant as reds or yellows.” He simply stayed quiet, nodding to show he was paying attention, curiosity glinting in his eyes as he watched her, waited to hear what else she had to say.“I mostly like home cooking though if I were to say a favorite food in general it would probably be sushi.” She said softly, and he chuckled quietly, but didn’t interrupt. “Music wise, I would say I like a little bit of everything just as long as the music does not involve screaming at me.” He nodded, chuckling once more, understanding flickering in his eyes as he watched, entranced by her. “I prefer honesty; however, I can understand not always being open about things for various reasons.” This answer had respect glinting in his eyes even as he smiled. ”Well in dat case, ah’m glad ya doan mind a bit a close-ness, since there are some thin’s ah doan think ya would wanta know.” He said honestly, smiling ruefully. “Though I can honestly that I am happy to have met you and I would say that I want to get to know you more too. So we have something in common.” She winked and he graced her with a slow, smoldering grin that promised wicked things. ”Ah hafta say ah like dat honesty. What else do ya like ‘bout me, hmm?” He asked playfully, though he was curious.
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: Jul 6 2014, 09:37 PM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Word Count:375

It was a simple compliment but a sweet one none the less. Vivian was happy to learn that she was not a complete stick in the mud like some of her friends had teased her about. She did put business ahead of a lot of things but that so did not mean she could not have a lot of fun when given the chance to have fun. Like she was given tonight, especially with the fact that her night had started out rather bad. A good drink and an even more delicious man to keep her attention oh yeah she was feeling just wonderful tonight. Even if she did feel like she had to keep his attention as she was kind of afraid that someone else might catch his attention. Though she was wanting to know more about him, she was okay with answering his questions. Even if it did feel kind of odd talking about herself so much. In a way it was kind of refreshing and if it kept his attention on her, she would be happy at keep answering his questions.

Vivian would disagree about there being things about him that she does not wan to know. But she was not going to be a pest when it comes to that stuff as that would really lose her chance with him. But she was sure that eventually she would get to learn more about him. All she needed to do is bat her eyelashes and play cute more. That could wait for if she ever got to see him again though. Which was a thought that made her feel giddy just thinking about, she was trying not to be too giddy as who knew what the future would hold. “You might be surprised on what I might be interested in hearing.” She giggled softly but that was all that she was going to say on that matter. She had to think of what she liked about him, and well there was a bunch of things that came to him. Even if they all happened to be with appearance. Physical attraction was part of nature. “I like the color of your eyes, I could probably find myself getting lost in your eyes.”

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D
One Hell of a Turn

CHAT
STATS
FACTIONS
OPEN THREADS
SUMMER