WINDBLOWN
DUST IN THE WIND, ALL THEY ARE IS DUST IN THE WIND
Welcome to Windblown, a modern supernatural roleplay revolving around the city of Windblown, Colorado. Though humanity may still be reeling from the shocking realization that the monsters are real, the supernatural community grapples with maintaining diplomatic relations with their more mundane neighbors. Windblown has been a testament that the normal and paranormal can live together peacefully, but is that peace sustainable? As the city develops and grows the oversight of the Supernatural Investigations Division has become more obvious. In the city of Windblown there's always been an unspoken rule - if you can't control yourself, SID will.

WINDBLOWN
SPOTLIGHT AWARDS
The votes are in and the June of the Months have been announced! The members have spoken and the spotlights have been filled! Congratulations to those who've grabbed a coveted space and thank you to everyone who participated in the nomination and voting process. We know it was hard to choose one character for each spot given how many spectacular critters we have running around! Junes's Surprise might have been Our Local Law Enforcement but who knows what the next will be.

Keep your eyes peeled!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply
New Poll

You Can't Put That There!, tag: tabby <3 [maybe Eden, too??]
Isaiah Bordeaux
 Posted: May 5 2014, 08:29 PM

19 POSTS

“Real history was unromantic, steeped in greed and blood and abject eye-rolling stupidity. An endless parade of putative Ozymandiases marching off to glory before snapping off at the ankles in the depths of the desert: that was human history.”

Consortium
Party-Goer

Self-Employed Sculptor
Vampire
Ancient
PLAYED BY Ann

Commentary
tags@Tabitha Hartley
O Death, won't you spare me over til another year? But what is this, that I can't see? With ice cold hands taking hold of me... When God is gone and the Devil takes hold, who will have mercy on your soul? O Death. O Death. No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold. Nothing satisfies me but your soul. O Death, Well I am Death, none can excel, I'll open the door to heaven or hell. O Death. My name is Death and the end is here...

For the past two days, Isaiah Bordeaux had been locked away in his studio, furiously working on a sculpture for Eden. Well, he would say it was for MIRAS, but it was truly for her. The project was finally complete. He'd emerged from the studio and showered. Changed. Once he was dressed in a simple suit and overcoat, he headed out. Some might say there was no such thing as a simple suit, but Isaiah had a wide-range of suit judgment. You had simple suits, nice suits, good suits, dress suits, funeral suits, wedding suits, and fancy suits. All had their own type of tie, as well. For now, he only had a simple, straight black tie.

Leaving the place called “home”, he walked with a cane, but no limp. It was all for show, but it contained a rapier inside, so it had uses. Seemingly fit with an onyx gem handle, the cane was shimmering black. A fine accessory. When he slid into his shiny black Mustang, he allowed a smile to come over his face. The project was finished. He'd loaded it up already, and it was time to showcase it.

Making his way across town, Isaiah put on a smooth jazz station and hummed to himself, fingers drumming on the steering wheel. Cars. What a novelty. Truly a brilliant invention, he was a fond admirer of Mr. Ford. Pulling up to the shining structure known as MIRAS XII, Isaiah stepped out and brushed down his clothing. Getting the life-sized sculpture comfortably situated against him, he decided it best to not wait for the security. He had visited a few times before, and they knew to let him in, but it was so tedious.

Instead, Isaiah opted to move. He moved so fast, it truly couldn't be tracked. It was almost as if he was there, blink, not there. Situating the statue outside of what was the break room, Isaiah stepped back to admire his work. Taking hold of his cane once more, he smiled and began making his way toward Eden's office.

--------------------
O Death, won't you spare me over til another year? But what is this, that I can't see? With ice cold hands taking hold of me... When God is gone and the Devil takes hold, who will have mercy on your soul? O Death. O Death. No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold. Nothing satisfies me but your soul. O Death, Well I am Death, none can excel, I'll open the door to heaven or hell. O Death. My name is Death and the end is here... ---------------------------------------

signature template by sweet brisus of shine
PMEmail
^
Tabitha Hartley
 Posted: May 8 2014, 05:12 PM

17 POSTS

“I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”

CONSORTIUM
MOIRAI BLOODLINE

HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER - MIRAS
Vampire
NEWBORN
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Location - MIRAS Corporate Office

Time - Late Afternoon

Tags - Isaiah/Eden

Words - 978

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."

Ms. Hartley, he's here again.

The buzzing of her intercom had interrupted what had otherwise been a fairly quiet day at the office. Of course the day had been ridiculously busy, it always was at MIRAS, but it had been a productive busy and not one of having to constantly put out fires. It was the sort of day that Tabitha liked because in truth there was little that made her as happy as crossing things off her to-do list made her. She should have known that there was simply no way that the quiet could last, that just wasn't how things worked at the major corporation. Tabitha bit back a soft sigh after security had spoken the one simple sentence that meant a whole lot more than it might seem on the surface. It wasn't security's fault, they were following protocol, a protocol that she herself had set into place any time he came into the building. There had been a couple of visits that had gone less stellar than she would have wanted and since she was the head of Human Resources, it fell on her to oversee things like this.

Things like visits by Isaiah.

When you were dealing with an 8,000 year old vampire who was once a serial killer, normal processes and procedures didn't always work which meant creative solutions had to be found. That task had fallen to Tabitha to handle, for one not too many of the others wanted to handle it (or Isaiah) and many of those because they were simply scared to death of the older vampire. In addition Eden trusted her and Isaiah trusted Eden and that gave Tabitha a bit of an in with Isaiah. She also had a gentle touch and soft manner that helped to soothe many people. Tabitha couldn't really say if it worked on Isaiah or if the older vampire was simply humoring her, but for the time being it had worked and she had even found herself enjoying her time around the man. Although she really wished he would call before showing up at the corporate office.

Rising from her desk, Tabitha quickly smoothed down the pencil skirt she had worn into the office. She was always well dressed and carefully put together, but even more so when she came into work. As a woman in a powerful position she always had something to prove and as her grandmother had taught her, no matter how much of a mess you were on the inside as long as you were well groomed and put together on the outside no one would know of your inner turmoil. Clothing was Tabitha's modern day armor and she carefully donned that armor every time she stepped out of her house. Now she was off to battle, she only hoped that Isaiah hadn't got himself in to too much trouble yet. Yet being the key word.

Tabitha didn't need security to tell her where she would find the ancient vampire; he always headed for the same place each time he arrived. She was halfway to Eden's office when her cell phone vibrated and the message told her that she might want to swing by the break room to see the latest piece of art that Isaiah had brought them. The message had a soft groan escape her lips. It wasn't that Isaiah was a bad artist, in fact he was quite a talented sculptor and some of his work was downright breathtaking; the issue lay in his muses. The older vampire just couldn't (or wouldn't) grasp that some topics and subject matter was not appropriate in the work place and even though he might not see an issue with certain things because they weren't looked at in that way during his day and age, modern day corporate America had a much different set of rules and morals they needed to take into consideration. The last thing Eden needed was the female employees of MIRAS suing for sexual harassment. The last thing Tabitha needed was to have to soothe all those angry women and it would most certainly fall on Tabitha's shoulders.

With heels clicking against the marble floors Tabitha came around the corner by Eden's office hoping to meet up with Isaiah before he could get to Eden and before whatever it was he had left in the break room caused a stir. With a smile on her lips and both hands extended in greeting Tabitha called out in her soft southern drawl, "Isaiah Sir, I heard that we were being honored with your presence today and I had to come and greet you." Taking his hands lightly in her own Tabitha leaned up so that she could brush a light kiss on each of the other vampire's cheeks as was her usual greeting and then tucked his arm into hers as she skillfully turned them so that they were heading away from Eden's office and back towards the break room. Tabitha wasn't necessarily trying to keep Isaiah away from Eden, she knew her sire's sire would not have an issue seeing the vampire; she simply wanted to get the whole break room art project issue handled first. "I understand you brought us a new sculpture. I was wondering if you would do me the pleasure of showing it to me and telling me all about it. As you know the good Lord did not gift me with any artistic ability so I must live vicariously through those gifted as you are. What is this one called?" As Tabitha talked, her natural southern accent always seeming to deepen just slightly around older vampires, she kept up their seemingly casual pace towards the break room, hoping to get a better idea of whatever the sculpture might be this time before actually seeing it in order to better prepare herself.

PMEmail
^
Isaiah Bordeaux
 Posted: May 8 2014, 05:56 PM

19 POSTS

“Real history was unromantic, steeped in greed and blood and abject eye-rolling stupidity. An endless parade of putative Ozymandiases marching off to glory before snapping off at the ankles in the depths of the desert: that was human history.”

Consortium
Party-Goer

Self-Employed Sculptor
Vampire
Ancient
PLAYED BY Ann

O Death, won't you spare me over til another year? But what is this, that I can't see? With ice cold hands taking hold of me... When God is gone and the Devil takes hold, who will have mercy on your soul? O Death. O Death. No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold. Nothing satisfies me but your soul. O Death, Well I am Death, none can excel, I'll open the door to heaven or hell. O Death. My name is Death and the end is here...

Was it truly age that gave Isaiah the “gall” to show up unannounced? Or was it his own arrogance? No, it couldn't truly be said as either. It was merely a lack of understanding. Isaiah followed the changes of years up to a point. He figured it his right to show up at Miras as he chose. He did, after all, give much money to the corporation. To him, appointments were only made when one wanted to make a good impression. If you weren't threatening someone into doing something for you or going to a place you knew, well then you might call ahead. Not a practice Isaiah was often involved in.

When he saw Tabitha coming towards him, he suppressed a smile. Why was it the younger vampires were always trying to manipulate him? Well, he didn't mind it. Yet. Besides, Tabitha was one of the more reasonable vampires. She behaved politely, properly... Many younger vampires were arrogant things, rude. They didn't understand their proper place, or at least... They didn't seem to understand simple courtesy. It was one reason Isaiah was fond of both Eden and Tabitha. For whatever reason, the two of them were polite and proper. It wasn't that he necessarily liked that in a woman, he just appreciated the trait in anyone.

As Tabitha approached, he smiled with closed lips, extending his hand for her to take. The gentle brush of her lips was amusing. At least to him. Perhaps because of all the events he had lived through. Letting her take his arm, he listened to her. Ah, so that was the problem. Wasn't it always...

Keeping himself from sighing, Isaiah wasn't sure he truly wanted to go about replying. His art was rather a sensitive subject, the only thing that bothered him. It had something to do with his thousands of years mastering sculpture. For whatever reason, the modern world did not seem to understand or appreciate classical art. He resented that. Resented being so stifled in what he could and could not share, as no one was able to appreciate it. How he longed to be back in Rome...

“Of course,” He murmured, patting the hand Tabitha had hooked around the forearm she'd taken hold of. “I've not named it as of yet. I suppose 'Yours Forever' fits well enough. Probably one of my better life sized works.” Not that anyone would be appreciating it...

--------------------
O Death, won't you spare me over til another year? But what is this, that I can't see? With ice cold hands taking hold of me... When God is gone and the Devil takes hold, who will have mercy on your soul? O Death. O Death. No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold. Nothing satisfies me but your soul. O Death, Well I am Death, none can excel, I'll open the door to heaven or hell. O Death. My name is Death and the end is here... ---------------------------------------

PMEmail
^
Tabitha Hartley
 Posted: May 13 2014, 04:21 AM

17 POSTS

“I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”

CONSORTIUM
MOIRAI BLOODLINE

Vampire
NEWBORN
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Location - MIRAS Corporate Office, Uptown

Time - Late Afternoon

Tags - Isaiah / Eden

Words - 932

Tabitha had a feeling that for the most part Isaiah just tolerated her because he could. She didn't have any delusions that the older vampire had any sort of feelings or softness towards her, most vampires especially the older ones were set in their habits and routines and as long as you didn't get in their way or were overly bothersome would just let you be. Of course in her mind Tabitha didn't see it as her trying to manipulate the vampire, to do so would mean she thought she was smarter than he was or that he wasn't paying attention and she knew both were not true. Tabitha did see it as doing her job, however. Eden expected her to protect the corporation and there was many ways to do it. One of which was making sure the employees remained happy and that everyone lived by the rules and standards set for them. Even though Isaiah was an eight thousand year old vampire didn't mean that she could allow him to disrupt the office or make others overly uncomfortable. Some days her job was a lot harder than others.

She was glad that Isaiah was going to humor her for the moment and she was able to turn them away from Eden's office and head towards the break room without too much difficulty or problems. Tabitha found it endearing how he patted at her hand as they walked, it was something her grandfather used to do whenever they walked arm in arm. It was a quaint little gesture that made it hard to think of Isaish as a serial killer or any of the other rumors that were constantly being whispered about him. Tabitha knew though that looks were often deceiving and if you went by them alone you were going to get hurt.

As they walked to the break room her mind was running through the millions of possibilities of what she might find when they got there. The words "life sized" did not help her nerves any. "Well Yours Forever sounds like a beautiful name, I can't wait to see your work. Is it another sculpture then?" Tabitha knew that he worked in a couple of different mediums, but it seemed like it was the sculptures that he liked to bring to the office. Stepping through the door, Tabitha let out an audible gasp, however it wasn't in disgust or irritation, it was a gasp of appreciation and awe. For as inappropriate as Isaiah's choices of location to display his works could be, it still didn't change the fault that he was simply an amazing artist. "It is gorgeous Isaiah, simply breathtaking. I think you have out done yourself this time." Tabitha slid her arm out from Isaiah's and gracefully moved across the room to get a closer look at the large sculpture. It truly was amazing. Amazing and completely inappropriate for the break room. "I have to say Sir, art like this does not belong in a corner break room in the back of an office building surrounded by microwave meals and old coffee. It should be in a gallery being enjoyed for it's true artistic beauty." Just like that an idea flashed in Tabitha's mind, a thought that might actually diffuse the situation as well as avoid any future ones.

"Isaiah, I have been thinking and I was wondering if I could run an idea by you." Giving one last glance at the statue she moved back to join the other vampire. "As you know not only is MIRAS a cutting edge corporation, but the very buildings we are in are a constant source of talk and media coverage. There is nothing like what we have in this town or really anywhere near us. We are also, of course, always looking for ways to keep that reputation, keep people on their toes." And of course add a lot of misdirection so when people were looking one way they could be doing something elsewhere. Smoke and mirrors, everything was smoke and mirrors. "Seeing your amazing talent I am thinking, we have this space down on the main floor of the building that I think we could turn in to an amazing gallery. We could feature your sculptures and maybe work by other local artists and that way they can be appreciated not only for what they are, but in the proper sort of setting. Could I ask you to accompany me down there and take a look at the space, give me your thoughts on it as well as the idea itself?" Tabitha hoped he would say yes. She knew that others had seen her walk into the break room with Isaiah which meant her own assistant and staff would be waiting for them to leave so that they could move the statue out of the room before some of the more uptight employees complained. For the time being she could keep it in her office, but if they could set up some sort of gallery not only might it pacify Isaiah, but it was possible they could make the whole situation a benefit to the corporation. Tabitha was seeing possible charity events, fundraisers, and the sort of local philanthropy that the media and politicians would eat up. "Maybe Eden can join us as well and I can see what she thinks of the whole concept." Since it was usually Eden that brought Isaiah to the office to begin with Tabitha was hoping that would help convince him to follow her lead and head down to the lobby.

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
PMEmail
^
Isaiah Bordeaux
 Posted: May 13 2014, 10:22 PM

19 POSTS

Consortium
Party-Goer

Self-Employed Sculptor
Vampire
Ancient
PLAYED BY Ann

Isaiah tended to hate the evolution of civilization. People had become so uptight. They all seemed to have thin sticks up their asses, ones that kept them rigid and utterly neurotic. Anal. Far back in history, in times Isaiah had lived through, things were celebrated. The Greeks and Romans had done it right, and perhaps if the principles of both societies had been combined... But they weren't, and so humanity evolved in a truly astonishing manner. A manner leading to social unrest, to various unfortunate treatises. In Isaiah's time, women were treated respectfully. Some claimed time advanced humanity, but in his experience, it had dealt a major blow. Respect for others had to be relearned as an entire culture, for once the Greeks and Romans fell, the inbred cattle of England ruined the good of it all.

It was not lost on him that Tabitha would be attempting to rid the grounds of his work. The workers tended to find offense with his work, the be supremely uncomfortable. In Isaiah's eyes, they were uncomfortable because they liked it. Deep down, there was an enjoyment of his pieces. It stirred up things they would rather not be stirred. So they railed against their employers to remove the “offending” art. Sheep in a herd, no innovation among them. No lions or wolves, no fight at all.

“Yes,” He replied easily to her question. Of course it was a sculpture. Though he worked with other materials, sculptures remained his best works. Only the best for Eden. As they entered the break room, Tabitha let out a gasp, an intake of what? Surprise? He wasn't quite sure. She slid away from him, and he didn't object. Her compliments meant nothing to him, sadly. His greatest works, those that could be said to have been outdone, well... They had been lost thousands of years ago. Lost to time and war and pillaging. He could never recreate those masterpieces. Her encouraging words, designed to get the sculpture out and away, seemed to at least be said in mild honesty. It was for this reason he didn't snort at her in derision. At least she gave honest effort to the task.

“Of course, Tabitha. It would be no trouble to assess the space with you,” Though she was very crafty, he certainly didn't miss any of the protocols in place. The moment they left, his work would be moved... It was a lonely way of living. Attempting to bring beauty to a world that simply had no desire for it. And why did they have no desire for it? Because it was too evocative. It created social inacceptability, which was rather sad for a man who had lived so many centuries. “If she wishes to come with us, I'm willing to oblige. The idea certainly has merit.” Isaiah was falling to his more proper speech. Falling into the mode he went when he was... When he was simply bored and tired of the world. It wasn't Tabitha, no, he believed that if circumstances were different, she would accept his work gladly. It was the rest of humanity, excluding Eden as well.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Tabitha Hartley
 Posted: May 15 2014, 04:04 AM

17 POSTS

CONSORTIUM
MOIRAI BLOODLINE

Vampire
NEWBORN
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Time - Late afternoon

Tags - Isaiah / Eden

Words - 945

Tabitha had to admit there was something about Isaiah that scared her, but it probably wasn't what most people would assume. Sure she had heard the rumors about him, knew his reputation and what it was said he had done and the kind of person he was, but it wasn't that which haunted her. It was the sadness in his eyes when she looked at him, it was the boredom she saw, the listlessness, and the sheer disdain for people and life around him. Had that come with his age, from being on this earth for some many thousands of years and was that what Tabitha had waiting for her? Tabitha was not quite a century old yet, a newborn by vampire standards and there was still so much she had yet to experience, so many places she had yet to visit and explore. She knew she could live many, many more centuries and not see or experience it all, but then what? At what point did you hit that wall where nothing was new and nothing was exciting or interesting? What did a vampire do when they lost the will to live anymore? Tabitha looked at Isaiah and wanted to find that something for him, that spark that would give him excitement, but she simply did not know how and that made her feel inadequate. She knew he humored her and as much as she hated to admit it, it hurt her feelings that he felt he had to do that. Yet, Tabitha also knew the alternative would be worse. It was a rock and a hard place sort of situation. There was also the guilt she felt over the art and having to be the one to feed into modern day standards and sensibilities around what was appropriate and what wasn't. She knew that Isaiah knew what she was up to and even though he wouldn't say anything it didn't make her feel any better about it. They both were playing the game, both playing their individual roles and neither of them enjoying who they were expected to be.

Isaiah agreed with her plan, her charade, and Tabitha gave him a grateful smile that spoke volumes. "I will give Eden a quick call to let her know and then we can head down. I am not sure what is on her schedule for today or if she is even in the building, but if she is available I know she will be happy to join us." At least that part was true. While Tabitha didn't know the exact details of Eden's and Isaiah's relationship she did know that Eden both cared and respected the other vampire and unlike many others Tabitha did not have any standing orders to not disturb Eden when Isaiah came to visit. Tabitha actually enjoyed watching the two interact; it was as though they had their own code, their own silent way to communicate with each other. It made Tabitha curious some times as to how many of the rumors were true, although as a Southern lady she would never ask. Idle curiosity and gossip was not becoming. Fishing out her phone Tabitha hit a speed dial, lifting it to her ear, but unsurprisingly getting voicemail. Rarely did Eden pick up on the first try. "Eden, it is Tabitha. Isaiah is here visiting and brought a new sculpture. If you have some free time we would love to steal you away for a few moments. We are about to head down to the lobby; I have asked him to take a look at the space off to the left behind the reception desk to get his opinions on the possibility of turning it into a gallery or show room. If you are on site and can meet us down there we would love to see you." Tabitha's soft southern accent seemed to hold an extra note of fondness as she left a message for Eden, the accent picking up a bit more weight to it as it had a tendency to do around people she cared about or were more comfortable with. The corporate world had a tendency to make voices more generic and while she wouldn't ever completely lose her accent it still had faded some during work hours.

With the call ended and her phone put away Tabitha turned her attention back towards Isaiah. "Shall we?" A warm smile and once again she was leading him out of the break room and to the bank of elevators. It wasn't long before they were in the lobby, the security guards that Isaiah had completely ignored earlier politely pretending the incident had never occurred. "The area I am thinking of is right over here Sir." After stepping off the elevators Tabitha guided them to the right, crossing behind the reception desk and into a large open area that was filled with natural light, but other that that was a blank canvas. "They made this lobby so huge, but then haven't done anything with it. We have the sky lights and everything; I think it could make an amazing gallery area. There is wall space for paintings and plenty of floor space for sculptures. What do you think Isaiah? I mean I am not an artist so I may be completely off base. From an artistic perspective do you think it is a good idea?" Tabitha turned her attention to the other vampire, her eyes telling him that she truly valued his opinion and good or bad she would take whatever he had to say into account. She already knew he wasn't the type to whitewash or candy coat anything.

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
PMEmail
^
Isaiah Bordeaux
 Posted: May 15 2014, 09:44 PM

19 POSTS

Consortium
Party-Goer

Self-Employed Sculptor
Vampire
Ancient
PLAYED BY Ann

It wasn't that Isaiah had grown tired of living, he'd simply grown tired of the people around himself. The bloodline was the thing that kept him on the straight and narrow. If he didn't have them, well... It was quite probably there would be all sorts of mayhem and bloodshed across the states. If put up against Isaiah, it was quite likely the SID would be tearing out their hair trying to identify the culprit. There would be violence and death, and no one would be catching him anytime soon.

But he did have the bloodline, and so he stayed a “good” man. Though he didn't particularly care for the role, it didn't bother him. It meant Eden didn't mind keeping him around, and that's all that mattered. Perhaps he could genuinely enjoy the company of Tabitha if he was more of his own temperament. Not that he would be impolite and rude and violent, no. He would simply be less... Less of a bore. He wouldn't be so stuck in the actions he knew were expected.

His eyes fastened onto Tabitha as she made the call, and he dusted off his coat while waiting. Eden was a busy woman, and getting her time when she was working was nearly impossible. He didn't necessarily mind, that was what made his surprise sculptures “surprises”. It was only when Tabitha began taking the lead again that he was brought back to the present moment.

“You don't need to call me 'Sir' all of the time, Tabitha,” Isaiah said, stepping off of the elevator with her. None of their surroundings mattered to him. He had nothing to care about besides their destination. Following her, he let his eyes take in the area. The lighting was good, of course, but there would need to be something, some sort of object not specifically on the art to really anchor the room. “The only thing I would suggest to fully enforce the 'good idea' aspect would be two plain benches pushed next to each other, vertically so they would face outward to the art and not take up too much space. It will anchor the room.” Looking around more, Isaiah allowed himself a brief smile, “You certainly have a good eye, Tabitha.”

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Tabitha Hartley
 Posted: May 28 2014, 12:30 AM

17 POSTS

CONSORTIUM
MOIRAI BLOODLINE

Vampire
NEWBORN
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Time - Late Afternoon

Tags - Isaiah/Eden

Words - 804

“You don't need to call me 'Sir' all of the time, Tabitha."

They were words Tabitha had heard before and not just from Isaiah; however it was easier said than done. While in this day and age it might not be the norm to teach children to call their elders Sir and Miss or Ma'am and several times Tabitha had been scolded for setting the feminist movement back decades, it simply who Tabitha was. She was brought up in a time and in a family where children were seen and not heard and then only seen when allowed. All adults were spoken to with respect and if you didn't Yes Ma'am your mama you had better believe whatever punishment your mind could come up with was nothing compared to what she could shell out in guilt trips alone. So when Tabitha called Isaiah "Sir" it was because her mind had already categorized him as her elder, her better, as well as family. He was her bloodline after all and the last thing Tabitha would ever wish to do would be disrespectful to anyone in Eden's bloodline. Besides, she liked Isaiah.

"My apologies Isaiah. I do try and remember, I guess it is just ingrained." Tabitha gave the other vampire a sheepish smile, but did make a mental note to try and be better about respecting his request and not call him Sir. No matter what the intention behind it was, if it upset someone or made them uncomfortable it was no longer good manners. Tabitha watched Isaiah as he looked around the area she had pointed out for the gallery. Even though she had brought him down here to help smooth out oversensitive personalities up in the break room she truly did want his opinion on the space. Tabitha thought more people needed to be introduced to the arts and while there was a right way and wrong way (or should she say a PC way) to go about it she was a staunch supporter of making it available to the public. With the money and the clout that MIRAS had it would almost be a crime not to use some of it for the finer things in life. By putting it in a specific location in the building they could also avoid H.R. pitfalls. Thos who did not want to be exposed to it had every opportunity to avoid it. Those who did want to see it would have free and easy access to it. In Tabitha's mind it was a win across the board.

With Isaiah's input Tabitha walked from one point of the room to another, pausing in two locations. "Here and here then?" She asked, opening up her day planner to a blank page and jotting down a couple of notes. Then with her cell phone she snapped a couple of pictures so she would have a frame of reference later. Isaiah's compliment caused another smile and she inclined her head to him. "Thank you Isaiah, I truly appreciate that. I was fortunate enough that while growing up I had a lot of access and exposure to the arts. I, myself, have absolutely no artistic talent, but I do enjoy looking at it. I am thinking maybe we should host a cocktail party, some sort of black tie affair, and make it a fundraiser for some local art program. I will need to look into the different organizations around Windblown, maybe a school or some sort of community center. There seems to be nothing rich people like to do more than get really dressed up and give away money to anything that will make them appear to be philanthropists. Especially when it lands them some print time in the newspaper." Did that sound jaded, Tabitha wondered. It probably was, but Tabitha had been living long enough to become much more cynical than she once was. She had managed though to keep it under control and did still have some faith in humanity, she had to otherwise there would be no way she could face living forever. "How would you feel about an event like that Si.. Isaiah?" Tabitha barely managed to catch herself, but she recovered with a grace that was embedded in her very DNA. "Would you be willing to show some of your work? While I think having paintings on the wall will be lovely, I feel that having some sculptures placed about would truly bring out the potential of the space. Of course I bow to your expertise in things like this. I am merely a glorified party planner." Her chuckle at herself was soft and light, the sound melodic as it carried across the empty lobby. Over the years Tabitha had kept her sense of humor intact and had no issues laughing at herself when warranted.

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
DAVEY REED
LEILAH THIEN
PMEmail
^
Isaiah Bordeaux
 Posted: May 31 2014, 04:35 PM

19 POSTS

Consortium
Party-Goer

Self-Employed Sculptor
Vampire
Ancient
PLAYED BY Ann

The words were likely wasted on Tabitha. She was a woman of a different breed, a different place and time. Supposedly, he was as well... But it only showed every now and then. His mannerisms had been updated, stabilized into the time and place. But he still found it difficult to always maintain it. Especially when around her. Those proto-greek roots seemed to take hold at those times, causing him to become an entirely different person. But never around anyone else.

"I know. Born of a different time and place," Isaiah favored Tabitha with an incredibly rare, smile. He didn't smile often, but Eden often seemed to find her endearing. Which was why he cared for Tabitha at all.

Watching her, he nodded at her and watched her go through the various notions. "Why, that doesn't sound like the Tabitha Hartley I know. It sounds almost, dare I say it, cynical." A thin, tight-lipped smile took over Isaiah's features as she continued on. "Of course. Now..." He adjusted the grip on his cane. "You must realize I know what this is. An attempt to pacify me about my work not being appreciated in the more public spaces. But, I appreciate the fact you go about it so...politely. In a charming manner, even."

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Tabitha Hartley
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 01:31 AM

17 POSTS

CONSORTIUM
MOIRAI BLOODLINE

Vampire
NEWBORN
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Time - Late Afternoon

Tags - Isaiah / Eden

Words - 694

Tabitha liked it when Isaiah smiled. It was a rare thing indeed, but it was the rarity of it that made her appreciate its occurrence even more. She knew he thought that she was only humoring him, but for the most part she enjoyed his company. He had become her family and in truth was probably even more so then her blood family was. It had nothing to do with the fact that her blood family were humans, but everything to do with the treatment she received. She had done everything to be the perfect daughter, the perfect granddaughter, to not only not just be an embarrassment, but to truly make them proud. Everything she said or did she thought about her family first. Yet it was never good enough so when Edward had come along, saying and doing all the right things Tabitha had seen it as an escape, but what it had turned out to be was leaving one prison for another. Edward had led her to Eden though and for that and that alone Tabitha couldn't completely hate him. Through Eden she had met Isaiah and her family began to grow and this family seemed to accept her for who she was and they were not the kind to disown her because she didn't fit into some small box concept of who she was supposed to be.

She chuckled when Isaiah called her out on being cynical. It was true that Tabitha had two very different and distinct sides to her and the second side was very much Edward's doing. "Cynical? Moi?" She practically purred, giving a light toss of her blonde hair and batting golden eyelashes over her grey-blue eyes. Oh yes, she knew exactly how to look like the perfect Southern Belle and use it to her advantage when needed. However, she let the sly grin begin to slip through the facade and her eyes darkened slightly revealing that as innocent she may seem on the outside that she had seen and done things no person should have to that had not only affected her to her core, but changed her also. After the glimpse Tabitha let her expression settle into a neutral look; neither sweetheart nor scorned lover.

While Isaiah spoke Tabitha continued to view the area for the gallery out of a trained eye. His comment, however, pulled her attention and she turned her entire focus back to the other vampire as a slight frown appeared. "Isaiah, you misunderstand. I am not trying to pacify you at all. It is the small minded hypocrites that work here who I have to pacify. Sadly it comes with my job. Yes, I fully admit that I have to keep it out of certain areas such as the break room, but I have to keep just about everything out of there from prayer cards on the message board to flyers on political topics, and anything that is not completely politically correct and neutral in its tone. That is just the way business is run these days. I mean it when I say it is beautiful and I truly believe it should be seen. It just has to be done in the right space. I think that having a gallery is a great start, but I only wish for you to participate if you wish to. I am not trying to trick you into anything or attempting to pacify you. I think art needs to be seen, to be appreciated, to be debated, to cause people to think and to feel, and to be uncomfortable at times. I hope you understand that it isn't about you as an artist, there just is a time and a place for everything and my job is to make sure that those places are the right ones." Her smile was apologetic, all she could do was hope that Isaiah would understand or if not at least allow her to do her job. She didn't like it when people were unhappy especially by her own doing, but the job was the job and it was what Eden had hired her for and expected her to do.

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
DAVEY REED
LEILAH THIEN
PMEmail
^
Isaiah Bordeaux
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 08:43 PM

19 POSTS

Consortium
Party-Goer

Self-Employed Sculptor
Vampire
Ancient
PLAYED BY Ann

Most of Isaiah's smiles were sardonic. They were smiles that emphasized the fact he knew something you didn't. That his knowledge was so vast, so incomprehensible... Nothing could surpass it. At least he knew how to give a real smile as well, which was the smile he'd directed at Tabitha. However, the smiles often melted into one another, the genuine becoming the patronizing, or vice versa.

It wasn't a conscious act or choice. But the smiles switched of their own accord, evident in the difference subtleties of his facial features. Before the smiles could change, he saw the darkness in her eyes. Knew what that darkness meant.

“You can play sweet and innocent all you'd like, Tabitha, but that doesn't change the truth of the matter.” At this point, Isaiah raised his lips just enough to pass the line of his gums, and flashed his fangs at her. “We're predators. Predators are only kind to their relatives, and even then...” Isaiah snorted as he trailed off. The bloodlines were full of power grabs, backstabbing, conspiracy. It wasn't much better in the consortium. Of course, this was part of why Isaiah had been so successful in it. He was too old to fall victim to the political shenanigans of his vampire kind. But even still... Vampires were well known to play mind games, far too often.

The smile switched only as she began her next monologue. It wasn't that he minded, it was more that... Well, he well understood the situation. He was far from a dottering old man, and he had been around long enough to know how things worked. While her explanation was a kind gesture, he didn't care to hear it. And so, for a time, he tuned out the words, but maintained his eyes on her, kept them bright and lively. Wouldn't do to let her know he' zoned out, now would it?

“Which is perfectly fine. I'm sure this will work out just fine.” He tilted his head slightly, not sure what to do. He wanted to see Eden, but she was likely busy... Best to try and occupy himself else how, with the least amount of trouble possible. “Why don't you show me what official things you do around here? I admit, I've never done any work in an office set up before.” For someone so old, that was saying a lot. To find something new he had never done or experienced, well, those were the rare treats of his lifetimes.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Tabitha Hartley
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 01:19 AM

17 POSTS

CONSORTIUM
MOIRAI BLOODLINE

Vampire
NEWBORN
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Time - Late Afternoon

Tags - Isaiah/Eden

Words - 943

Tabitha had learned from an early age that you could never make everybody happy a hundred percent of the time and you would exhaust yourself if you tried. She did her best to keep as many feathers as unruffled as possible and keep as many of the squeakiest wheels greased that she could. Truth was she was damn good at her job too, she didn't get her position simply because of her relationship with Eden and in fact most people were not even aware of their connection. Tabitha was an intelligent woman, but more than that she read people well and had a knack of knowing the best way to talk to them and what to say to calm them down or make them happy. It was in part what made her perfect in human resources. The fact she did it all with a soft southern drawl and they never realized she was manipulating them to do exactly what she wanted to begin with was just an added bonus. She knew she wasn't going to make Isaiah happy, but in truth it was a no-win situation and the best she could hope for was to smooth things over the best she could and Tabitha felt she had accomplished that at least. In her opinion the art was too good for some break room where by the end of the week it would be covered in popcorn grease and dirty fingerprints

Isaiah asking to see what she did around the office took Tabitha by surprise and in truth she wasn't sure if he was actually interested or simply trying to bide time in hopes that Eden would become available. The moment she had the thought she realized how ridiculous it was. Of course he was only waiting for Eden. Tabitha's job, while a good job, would not be that interesting to an outsider. It was a corporate position after all. "But of course Isaiah. I would be happy to have your company. If you would like we could even go see if Nicholas is in the office." Her eyes danced but her smile remained sweet and serene on her pink lips as she mentioned Eden's childe who could try the patience of a saint, which neither Tabitha nor Isaiah were. Eden certainly knew how to pick them. Truthfully Tabitha wasn't quite sure what drew Eden to many of the men in her life; there was so much violence and misogyny to them. Maybe it was the challenge? Tabitha didn't know. Personally she was just glad not to have to count Edward in the numbers any longer.

Tucking her elegant, pale hand in the crook of Isaiah's arm, she guided them back out of the small wing of the lobby, pausing at the large guard slash reception desk to request maintenance to go back up to her office, where she knew her assistant would have had the sculpture moved to while waiting further instructions, and have it brought down to the lobby. "If you don't mind accompanying around about Isaiah, I need to drop off some personnel files to a couple different departments which will give us a chance to stretch our legs and I can give you a tour of the building at the same time. Thankfully they are all in this tower so we don't have to do too much running around. We are like a small city now with the three towers, it is just mammoth." Tabitha guided them smoothly back to a side bank of elevators that would give them express access to the executive level, using her keycard against the reader when the elevator arrived in order to press the button and they were whisked away. "Have you had a chance to see the whole place?" While she was the head of Human Resources Tabitha didn't know how much Eden had told Isaiah about the business or how involved he was with it. That was Eden's business and she figured if Eden or Isaiah wanted her to know they would tell her. While she didn't mind giving him a tour, she also didn't want to bore him with things he had seen a million times.

As they exited the elevator Tabitha led him down a hallway towards a large reception area, well lit and tastefully decorated. A pretty, young woman rose from a large reception desk and bustled around it to meet them, already talking, listing off messages and upcoming meetings as she handed over several files to Tabitha as they both moved in perfect unison towards the large wood door that led into Tabitha's office proper. "Madeline, this is Mister Bordeaux. Isaiah, this is my executive administrative assistant Madeline. She is my right hand and most days half my brain and most of my memory. She is also abandoning me soon to run off and get married." Tabitha smiled fondly at the woman and gave her a playful wink. "Madeline, Mister Bordeaux and I are going to be dropping off some personnel files around the building as well as having a bit of a tour. If there is an emergency call, but otherwise please simply take a message. If Eden calls, please put her through immediately. We would like to meet up with her today if possibly." Madeline gave a nod of understanding then hurried back out to her own desk as her phone began to ring. Tabitha gathered up an armful of files off of her own desk and turned towards Isaiah. "Is there anything you want or need before we head out again? Anything to drink? Or would prefer to sit down for a little bit first?"

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
DAVEY REED
LEILAH THIEN
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D
One Hell of a Turn

CHAT
STATS
FACTIONS
OPEN THREADS
SUMMER