WINDBLOWN
DUST IN THE WIND, ALL THEY ARE IS DUST IN THE WIND
Welcome to Windblown, a modern supernatural roleplay revolving around the city of Windblown, Colorado. Though humanity may still be reeling from the shocking realization that the monsters are real, the supernatural community grapples with maintaining diplomatic relations with their more mundane neighbors. Windblown has been a testament that the normal and paranormal can live together peacefully, but is that peace sustainable? As the city develops and grows the oversight of the Supernatural Investigations Division has become more obvious. In the city of Windblown there's always been an unspoken rule - if you can't control yourself, SID will.

WINDBLOWN
SPOTLIGHT AWARDS
The votes are in and the June of the Months have been announced! The members have spoken and the spotlights have been filled! Congratulations to those who've grabbed a coveted space and thank you to everyone who participated in the nomination and voting process. We know it was hard to choose one character for each spot given how many spectacular critters we have running around! Junes's Surprise might have been Our Local Law Enforcement but who knows what the next will be.

Keep your eyes peeled!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Pitching Ideas, Shopping for Produce, Vivian Avery
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 13 2014, 12:13 AM

33 POSTS

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

Commentary
tag@Vivian Avery
Here comes the winter. I hear you've lost your head in the snow, and you're having trouble finding your way home. If you died before you wake, they'll make up songs about you; hear the children sing. At the bottom of the lake, they can't afford to find you. You learn how to live alone... Can't someone help me find my way home?

Vivian Avery was supposed to meet him at the local Farmers' Market. Adam Eriksson didn't normally enjoy going out. He tended to have issues with paranoia, but after spending most of his life tracking down, lying to, and killing people for his government...and then having the woman he loved be murdered by that same government...well... It sort of had an impact. Still, he worked at the diner, and Gemma had been talking about having an updated menu. While Adam wasn't really sure that completely revamping the menu was a good idea, he liked the thought of having a specialty menu, and hoped to broach the subject with Vivian while out shopping. It was always a good idea to check out new sellers, especially for produce. Some producers would slack off after getting solid business from an established restaurant. Making sure the produce they got was top of the line was important.

Wearing dark jeans and some dressier shoes, he nevertheless had on a semi-casual, dark green button down. Going out was not something he did often, and the only shoes in his closet were beat up sneakers he wore at the diner, and the dress shoes he wore less frequently upon outings. Mostly, his outings involved going to see his kids, his daughter and son, so he didn't really feel a need to wear the nicer shoes. Knowing he'd be seeing his boss though changed things. He certainly didn't want to look sloppy when meeting her.

Arriving at the market in his Accord, Adam parked a bit aways, and began the walk. The fresh air was good for him, relaxed him. Well, pretty much everything he did was relaxing compared to his old life's work. The adrenaline naturally released into the body when chasing and shooting at people had given him high blood pressure, and his heart rate had been a little whack. Anything not related to chasing and shooting was a thousand times easier, and kept his heart rate and blood pressure steady and even.

Nearing the market, he began craning his neck around, hoping to spy the medium length, blonde hair of his boss.

--------------------
Here comes the winter. I hear you've lost your head in the snow, and you're having trouble finding your way home. If you died before you wake, they'll make up songs about you; hear the children sing. At the bottom of the lake, they can't afford to find you. You learn how to live alone... Can't someone help me find my way home? ---------------------------------------

signature template by sweet brisus of shine
PMEmail
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 14 2014, 03:38 AM

67 POSTS

"Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten."

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary
Tagging: Adam

Outfit

Word Count: 392

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

It had felt like forever since Vivian had visited the Farmer's Market. So when Adam had invited her out to the Farmer's Market, she was so not going to pass this up. Plus she had always enjoyed the company of Adam, he was a great employee and a fun person to hang around to talk to. She may have been had a mind for business almost constantly but she was always happy with able to get out to do something fun. Not to mention she was glad to go out getting a little bit dolled up. She had plenty of clothing sitting in her closet that she had not gotten the chance to wear, like the cute little pink sundress she had picked out for today. Though she did not want Adam to wait too long for her, as she was always on time wherever she went to. So she was out the door not longer after she had gotten herself dressed and grabbed a bit of a food.

Vivian pushed up her pair of sun glasses up to her head like a headband as she got out of her car. The market seemed bustling which was all the more fun, as long as things stayed pretty calm. She grabbed her purse before she made her way to into the crowds a little bit more. She hoped that she was not running late, but she was pretty sure that she had made here just on time. Soon enough she had spot Adam. “Hey Adam!” She called out waving him over though she did make her way over to him. “It is good to see you.” She giggled softly smiling brightly. “I hope you do not mind being here with me. I have been known to be a shopaholic, though the Farmer's Market is not usually my place to shop.” She grinned widely. She was already in a pretty good mood, and she hoped that Adam was feeling just as well today.

”How are you doing? I hope I have not been working you too hard. I mean I know I can be such a slave driver boss.” Vivian said with a bit of a wink. She was feeling so giddy today that she hoped Adam would not think she was a bit too overwhelmed with hanging around her right now.

PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 14 2014, 06:25 PM

33 POSTS

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

Here comes the winter. I hear you've lost your head in the snow, and you're having trouble finding your way home. If you died before you wake, they'll make up songs about you; hear the children sing. At the bottom of the lake, they can't afford to find you. You learn how to live alone... Can't someone help me find my way home?

The fact his boss, well his main boss, was beautiful did not escape Adam. Where Gemma was like a daughter to him, he certainly couldn't say the same of Vivian. She was very clearly in charge, and he had no issue with it. Working as a “team” was so much better than any of the wetwork he'd done in the CIA. There was no issue in deferring to her, but he was also, on a small level, attracted to her. The only reason the level could be considered “small” was because he fought it down inside himself. That was the thing about control. When you had it, you had it. Inside and out. Adam was controlled.

However, he had not expected to see his boss looking so lovely. His automatic control reflexes kicked in, keeping any of his surprise from showing through his body. Instead, he smiled, greeted her back, “Hello there, Miss Vivian. You're a sight for sore eyes, huh?” His smile became a grin, and he made a sweeping gesture of his arms toward the market. “If you begin breaking budget, I can always pry you away from the produce using... Well I didn't bring my spatula, so I guess I'll improvise.” A light chuckle escaped him.

“I'm doing alright, thanks for asking.” He hummed slightly at her slave driver remark, and gave a close lipped, but wry, smile to her with a sparkle in his eyes. “I have been meaning to talk to you about that. I mean, really. It's worse than being forced to build a pyramid!”

--------------------
Here comes the winter. I hear you've lost your head in the snow, and you're having trouble finding your way home. If you died before you wake, they'll make up songs about you; hear the children sing. At the bottom of the lake, they can't afford to find you. You learn how to live alone... Can't someone help me find my way home? ---------------------------------------

PMEmail
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 16 2014, 04:10 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Outfit

Word Count: 438

“Psh none of that miss stuff, there is no reason to be formal.” Vivian said with a big of a giggle. Not that she knew if he was trying to be formal or not, since he did not call her 'Miss Avery', but she still rather hear her first name from without any title in front of it. They were not in the work place so their was obviously no reason for it. They were friends after all anyways. And today she was just looking forward to hanging out and seeing what wonders they would find in Farmer's Market. She snickered a little as he mentioned prying her away from the stalls if she went over budget. “I shall hold you to that. Though you could always distract me with the mention of chocolate. Just do not feel too bad if I glare when there happens to be no chocolate.” Not that she was that crazy about chocolate, it just seemed to fit for the little bit of silliness between the two of them. And there was no way she could give away her real weakness when it came to shopping, it was such a cliché thing for her to like shoes so much.

Vivian smiled brightly, “You are welcome. And I happy to hear you are doing good. Otherwise I might have to go mother hen on you, “ She teased a bit. Yeah, she worried about all of her employees. Even if they were not blood related to her, she really did her best to treat them like they were a part of the Avery family. “Hey now!” She playfully stuck her tongue at him. Not something that she did very often but she was in such a good mood, and being around Adam outside of the workplace made her feel like she could let her guard down just a bit. “But I know you enjoy every second of it, otherwise you would have probably quit a long time ago.” She gave a firm nod, as she knew very well one who did not enjoy the work would really stick around. And she was sure that if Adam really wanted to, he could get a job just about any place.

”So any stall you want to look at first? Or we could just go from one place to the next. Unless you are feeling brave in wanting to let me be the one that guides.” Vivian snickered, though she had a feeling she would find herself moving from each stall quickly wanting to peek at just about everything that happened to be around.

PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 18 2014, 09:42 PM

33 POSTS

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

Adam raised a brow at her admonishment. "Are you trying to say you don't like being called 'Miss'?" He gently rubbed his chin with one hand, and then rested his hand in it, lolling his head towards her in a rather silly looking way. "Would you prefer 'Princess'? Beauty? Dear? Senorita? Babe? Lady? Dol? Honey? Sweet thing? Lass? Mademoiselle?" Each question was delivered rapid fire, not actually allowing her a response until he was finished. All of these things he'd thought of in the past fifteen seconds. He smiled, waiting briefly to see if she would reply.

Eventually, she was speaking of holding him to dragging her off. The gentlest chuckle escaped him, and he shook his head. "If I choose that as a distraction, I will make sure to procure some chocolate, just for you. I can't be squelching on my word. I have a reputation to uphold after all." He smiled wryly, nodding as she smiled back brightly. A snort escaped him at the mention of going "mother hen". He'd never had a person act in such a manner besides Rachel, and she was dead for many years now. Besides that, she had been his twin, his other half, his best friend. The thought of someone else trying to do it... He wasn't sure it was all that possible. "Mother hen, huh? I'm not sure if I should be offended or not. Either because you see me as a child, or for some other sort of completely inappropriate reason I shouldn't bring up and am now not going too even though I sort of started." A cough escaped him at the end, him trying to lead away from the fact he was going to say "or because you don't see me fit as a single, attractive man to catch your eye." That would've been incredibly awkward.

He smiled at her teasing, happily distracted from his previous blunder. "Or maybe I'm just a masochist. Who knows!" He tossed his hands up in a casual gesture, a "what're you gonna do?" sort of motion.

When she talked about guiding, he shook his head at her. "I think I better lead. I've been here before after all. Besides, who knows if, once away from work, you'll be anything like Gemmy-- er, Gemma. Shiny object syndrome and all that." Once more, he had gotten himself tongue-tied. "Gemmy" was a nickname he had given to Gemma, seeing her as something of a daughter. He had a daughter, yes, but she seemed to hate him as much as she loved him. For the most part, he got along better with his son, but damn if he didn't try with her too. Since it was still a process, Gemma had become something of a surrogate in that department. No, an addition. He wasn't sure anyone else knew about it, though. He gave a brief smile, began leading her into the cacophony that was the farmers' market.

As they entered, there was a barrage of sound. People buying and selling, not unlike open markets he had been to across India, the Philippines, Asia... Several greetings went out for him, as he was reasonably known about the place. He did visit, and he was charismatic when he meant to be. Male and female alike called out hello's, already knowing he'd stop by as he perused the area to say a personal greeting.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 19 2014, 03:30 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Outfit

Word Count: 518

“It is more like, we are in not in a work place.” Vivian said with a bit of a giggle. She was quickly stunned by surprised as he named off a bunch of things that he could call her instead of miss. She thought some of them happened to be cute though some of the things happened to make her blush just a bit. “Oh you are too much Adam. Maybe I should start calling you like Sir Adam, Lord Adam, or maybe even Captain Adam. Knight of the Avery Cookery Kingdom.” She giggled softly going along with the fact that the whole thing was silly. “I am proud of you though for note suggesting to call me Madame Vivian. Because I might have smacked you for that.” She said with a smirk, though there was a bit of a look in her eye testing to see if he might call her that. And that would result in a glare and probably she would follow through with her threat of smacking him.

Vivian smiled brightly about that mention of distraction of chocolate. “Ah you really are too good to me. Maybe I might just have to test that out to see the fact that you would do that.” She winked. “But no, I will be a good girl today and try my hardest not to drive you crazy. I would hate for my crazy shoppingness drives you to quit working for me.” She said softly giggling. She had mentioned being a mother hen as she was pretty much a worry wart when it came to the people that she cared about. She was about to say something before he added about it being a bit more. “Hey now!” She playfully bumped his shoulder with her shoulder. “I would take it as a compliment I like you enough to worry about you. So there.” She said with a firm nod. She thought that it was a good enough reason for her being a mother hen.

There was a bit of a snort from Vivian as he mentioned being a masochist. “Hmm I could believe that.... Just kidding.” She giggled a bit. She looked up to him arching a brow as he mentioned a nickname for her sister. “Gemmy? Hmm that is cute. But I will not use that, it would probably confuse her if I happened to use it.” She said softly though she was more then happy to follow along with him. “Though I do not really happen to suffer shiney object syndrome.” Though if there happened to be a bunch of shoes or other cute objects she might end up going astray. Looking around, she was pretty surprised just how many places around here. So maybe it was a good idea to let Adam lead the way. “Yeah, I think I would end up getting lost if it was not for you. So I am going to have treat you to something later on. Perhaps a lunch or something, one that you do not have to cook yourself.” She said with a bit a giggle.

PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 19 2014, 03:26 PM

33 POSTS

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

Chuckling at her, he raised a brow and winked at her comment of smacking him. "Who knows, I might like that." The line was delivered with a clear tone of teasing, though Adam knew he truly shouldn't be flirting with his boss. Or even, acting in a flirtatious manner with his boss. But he couldn't help himself. Ever since losing Shanti, Adam hadn't been able to stop flirting. He assumed this was a mechanism cast by his psyche in order to keep him from forming any more meaningful relationships. He wanted one, yes, but... But Shanti had been the love of his life, and murdered by the people, the country, he worked for. If someone else was klled due to his past... He wasn't sure he could deal with it.

Tapping a finger to his chin, he remarked, "If you call me Sir Adam, Knight of the Avery Cookery Kingdom, you'll definitely get called Princess." He slid his eyes to her, gave a wry grin, "Should think carefully on what you decide to call me. Your title will be directly related." A gentle laugh escaped him. He'd never seen Vivian like this. So... Energized and lively, so cute. Well, hopefully he wouldn't form a legitimate crush on his boss. That could only go poorly.

"Compliment, huh? Whatever you say, boss lady." Though her bump into his shoulder startled him, Adam was mostly muscle. There was pretty much no fat on his body, which meant he was always eating lean meat, but also meant his shoulder was rather...firm. Hard, actually. It would be a bit awkward if she actually hurt herself doing that. Though his worries dissipated in the face of her continued joking. He smiled to himself.

A snort escaped him as she mentioned not really suffering shiny object syndrome. Yeah, he'd believe that. Not. He was more than certain there was something to cause a spark of that in her. After all, both Gemma and Colin seemed to have a bit of the ol' A.D.D, it was only natural Vivian, and perhaps James Junior, would have it as well. "Yeah, well. Your little sister is rather cute so it fits," He shrugged, and then paused as he realized what that sounded like. He attempted to correct the mistake immediately, "Not that I like her in that manner, no. She's more like...ah...a daughter, really." No point in not being honest. Vivian wasn't an idiot, and though he could lie like a pro, he preferred not making her angry with him if he got caught in it.

"Why not just go out to lunch, I don't mind paying. Then neither of us has to cook it," Adam suggested, chuckling. They could both use a break from working. He certainly didn't want his boss making something for him, no matter how his mind twisted her making him lunch into a much more interesting activity then it was.

Continuing to lead, he headed for a particular stall managed by a brother and sister team who owned a fairly productive farm. They always had great melons no matter the season, always sweet and juicy. As he approached, the two looked up from their various tasks, smiled. "Hey there, Mr. Eriksson." The brother said. No matter how many times Adam told him to just call him "Adam", he insisted on being professional. His sister, however, had no qualms about it. "Adam! S'been a while. Nice to see ya come back 'round. Who's this you got with ya?" Normally, Adam came to the market solo. He didn't go out to shop much, except in this aspect. He actually liked being here of all places, so frequented it. Whereas, in all other aspects, he waited until he desperately needed supplies to go to a department store.

Gesturing to Vivian, he nodded at the siblings, "This fabulous lady is Miss Vivian Avery." He turned to the siblings, making an over dramatic whisper to them, "My boss." They laughed, of course. He was charismatic when he chose to be, and greeted her as well. Turning to her, Adam smiled. "Take a look around. If you find something you think smells good or something, let me know. We can go ahead and busy some stuff for off the books snacking." A grin lit up his face.

((**OOC:: I don't normally write this much o.o don't feel obligated to respond the same amount, hah! This is unusual for me.**))

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 20 2014, 04:21 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Outfit

Word Count: 740

Oh how much of a good mood that she was in. Vivian was feeling so giddy, which was a good feeling. It was a lot better then her normal feeling stressed out for working so much at the diner. Not that she would ever openly admit to that. She was just way too prideful to admit to that at all. She raised a brow a little as he mentioned that he might like the smacking. “Hmm I will have to keep that in mind.” She winked then giggled just a bit. Yeah, it was not really something she probably should not have done as a boss. But they were out in the public and not doing any kind of work. So she could get away with being a bit playful. Maybe even a bit flirtatious but that was something she could not really admit to either.

”Princess Vivian, has a nice ring to it. I do not think that I could get everyone else at work to call me that. So maybe I will just have you do it, I mean what gal did not want to be a princess.” Vivian said with a giggle. It was pretty silly thought it was all for fun, which was something that she could enjoy right now. “So I think I shall call you Sir Adam for now, and you can call me Princess Vivian. But again just for now. None of this should get back to my siblings otherwise I might never hear the end of it.” She said snickering a bit. Though she was pretty serious about not getting that back to her family, she did not want to give them more fuel for things to tease her about. She was pretty good at that on her own.

Vivian had playfully bumped his shoulder, though now thinking back to it, it was probably not the best thing to do. She was worried that she might have stepped too forward, which caused her look over to make sure he did not seem disturbed by it. Which was a bit funny considering she had just talked about being a huge worrier that often acted like a mother hen. “It is a compliment.” She mumbled softly. But at least she did not upset him with the bumping of the shoulder. She completely denied the fact of being easily distracted. It was a lie, but she was just not going to admit to the things that had really distracted. She was sure he would tease her about it since it was such a girly thing to like. She giggled a bit as he mentioned it being a cute nickname fitting for Gemma since she was cute. Though when he mentioned that he saw her as a daughter, that got her to giggle a bit more. “ I did not think anything like that. I do agree with her being cute, that is probably the best way to describe my sister.” She said simple though now she was almost curious of why he added about how he saw Gemma as nothing more then a daughter. But decided that she did not need to press on the subject, maybe later she would. She did mention how she owed him lunch. “I would agree to that to a point. But lunch would be on. Since you were kind enough to invite me out here and nice enough not let me run around getting lost here.” She smiled brightly. She thought that it was a fair enough trade.

And Vivian was more thankful for having Adam around because she would have not known where to start. She was more then happy to let him lead her all the way through this market. Even more so as it seemed like Adam happened to have been enough to have actually known the people at this stall. That was always charming, which she could not help but smile as she watched him interact between everyone there. “It is a pleasure to meet you.” She said smiling brightly as Adam had introduced to them. She nodded and started to look around a bit at what the stall had to offer. “You know that is probably a bad idea for me. I mean I love everything you cook, and would probably come up with like a whole new menu of things for you to cook up.” She teased a bit, still snickering.

PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 20 2014, 06:06 PM

33 POSTS

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

Her returned flirting was not something he had been expecting, not really. She was the boss, and until now, she'd never been anything but professional. It did, however, cause him to smirk when she said he could call her Princess. He certainly wouldn't mind fulfilling that. Her giggles only continued to give positive reinforcement to his flirtatious behavior. Especially when she was so beautiful. Not that he was supposed to be noticing.

"On my honor," He mocked a hand to his heart salute, "I won't tell as soul, Princess." He winked, snorting slightly as she continued to say her mother hen comment was a compliment. It was a good thing, however, that she affirmed she didn't think he was being weird. Truth of the matter was, Vivian was the one he could see having some sort of "fun" with. Of course, he wasn't really supposed to.

Once they were inside, Vivian and the farmers made nice before she started looking around. He was chatting a bit with the siblings when Vivian continued speaking and he turned to her with a smile. "What a magical compliment. Though, I will say, Gemmy had talked to me about maybe making up a special items menu. Y'know, one we only do every now and then. With, uh, some of the stuff I've...made up."

For whatever reason, he actually felt a little nervous pitching it to Vivian. A rejection was sure to be confusing emotionally. "But anyway, I can always premake the snacks and hide them around the fridge for you to sneak out," He smirked.

One of the farmer siblings, the female, whacked with shoulder with a giggle, "You've never brought anybody special around here, Adam. But my, you two are cute."....

...awkward.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 22 2014, 03:30 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Outfit

Word Count: 417

Vivian could not help but giggle a bit as Adam went along with calling her Princess, even kind enough to not share that with anyone else. It was cute and silly, but more importantly it was in good fun. This day had turned out a lot more fun then she originally thought. Life was full of surprises after all, something that she should know all too well. “I shall hold you too that, so try not to disappointment me.” She said with a grin and a bit of a giggle. She did not have any doubts about that though as Adam was a pretty reliable guy. Though if he did, she would have to think of some way to get him back. Maybe let her siblings help cook in the kitchen again, that would be an entertaining sight to see. Just thinking about it made her feel a bit devious.

“Oh?” Vivian looked over to Adam as he had piqued her interest. Now she really wanted to know what those two had cooked up. “Like what kind of things?” She wanted to know badly, as she was practically bouncing on the balls of her feet in anticipation. Maybe she was not that much different from Gemma, but it was not a bad thing in the slightest. They were family after all so it would be only natural to pick up such mannerisms from people you were around so much. “Hey now, I do not sneak food!” She said with a bit of a giggle. Maybe at home she might do something like that but never while she was at the diner, even when her parents were running the place. “Though I am tempted to higher you to cook at home, but that might make me a bit of greedy boss and showing favoritism.” She winked and giggled some more.

The giggle was quickly suppressed at what the female at stall had said. Vivian's face went slightly red as she blushed. But she quickly composed herself not normally the kind of person who was caught off guard easily. “It is cute how we can bounce off topics with each other, keeping each other on our toes kind of thing. Right Adam?” She asked hoping to make things calm for him. Though she could easily just worry about her own feelings, it was just not the kind of person she was. And she would rather help him out of a situation that might be making him uncomfortable.

PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 22 2014, 11:34 PM

33 POSTS

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

Oh, he would certainly not be disappointing Vivian anytime soon. Whatever she wanted, well, he would do his best to provide. Unless she wanted him to kill someone. Yes, it would be easy as one, two, three, but his kids had asked him to stop killing people, so he had stopped killing people. Okay, well, maybe, depending on the reward for killing someone he might...

She actually seemed to care about the menu thing, which perked him up slightly, and he smiled slightly. "There's a certain sandwich, 'The Unforgettable Sandwich', I've made up. Gemmy's had it before, and I think she liked it." He followed up his comment with a slight shrug. There were plenty of other things he'd concocted, but he wasn't sure how much he could say yet. How much he could get into yet.

Of course, he noticed the blush filling her cheeks immediately. She went on to... He really didn't know what she was trying to do. To relax him? To calm him? He didn't know, but it certainly wasn't lifting his spirits. Well, maybe it was. It was certainly giving him ideas, now that she had seemingly flirted back. Or, at least, now that she had made it seem like they were a couple. Still, he decided to make things clear.

"While that is incredibly wonderful, Princess," He smiled, turning to her then looking back to the siblings, "She's not precisely someone special. Well, someone special as in my meal ticket, but nothing beyond that." With his back to Vivian, he mouthed "Yet" at the siblings.

The female's cheeks filled with red heat, and she began stammering apologies, but Adam just laughed. "It's alright. If I do say so myself, it's rather flattering you think someone as lovely as she would waste time on me." Then he winked, this time at an open angle for all three to see.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: May 23 2014, 05:12 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Outfit

Word Count: 371

Vivian was more then happy hear about new additions to the menu. Mostly since she liked to look for to keep things fresh for the costumers. Of course she wanted to hear about it before making any final decisions in adding things. “The Unforgettable Sandwich? Hmm that sounds interesting but I feel like you are going have to elaborate on that. And please do, I do not want to be left in the dark about that.” She said with a bit of chuckle. She was curious and really did not want to be left in the dark about this. She wanted to know just what exactly what the two of them happened to come with. Part of her was worried about but she was going to have a bit of a faith in both Adam and Gemma.

The situation had left Vivian a bit fluster and she was doing her best to making herself calm and collected. She wanted to help settle things for Adam. As she said before about worrying about other people. She was protective of people she cared about as well, though maybe she should not worry too much about how Adam was dealing with since he was taking this in better stride then she was. With what he said, it made it her blush a bit more. Boy, how quickly she was getting flustered today. Right down to having a blushing face and feeling her heart flutter. “Yeah I am his boss at the diner we work at.” She said with a bit of a nervous laugh. So much for getting herself calm and collected.

”Aww it is perfectly fine, nothing to apologize for.” Vivian said with a bright smile, now she was feeling less flustered. She could understand the assumption, so it was not anything bad. Even if it happened have left her flustered. She chuckled and shook her head a little bit when Adam said about her wasting time with him. “I would not say it as wasting time. You are fun to hang around. “ She said with a bit of a shrug. She was trying to play off being cool and collected. Though she did not know how well she was doing.

PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 25 2014, 09:22 PM

33 POSTS

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

"First, gotta set up some caramelized onions. Get that going, get a bagel, toast it. Grab cream cheese, chives, and minced garlic, mix. You spread the mix on both sides of the toasted bagel, and grab thinly sliced turkey. Put the turkey and some sliced havarti cheese on it, along with a slice of heirloom tomato. Grab the onions, which are usually done by then, top it, put on the other half of the bagel. Wrap it in foil, put it in the oven at 400 degrees. Wait about nine minutes, take out. Boom." Adam clapped his hands together and spread his arms wide, adopting a cocky stance and serious face. "You've got one unforgettable sandwich."

It would be better to make it for Vivian herself so she could taste it, but he'd get to it eventually. Her next statement caused him to speak up, turning to the siblings, "She's not only my boss. She is the boss." He didn't speak with anything but an easy confidence. A self-assuredness not many could obtain, but that he had perfected. It made his statement sound...definitive.

A brow quirked up, and a smile tilted his lips as she spoke. "Don't give me illusions of grandeur. I'll end up with unwise ideas in my head." It was teasing, if semi-honest. Looking around, his eyes alighted on what had to be the perfect looking cantaloupe. Weaving past Vivian, he grabbed it, and reached for his back pocket, where he stashed away many bills. Pulling out a five, he moved back to the siblings. "Either of you got a knife on you?" A dumb question. Hell, he had a knife on him, but it wasn't the kind of thing you whipped out and used in front of your boss. Especially when the blade size of the swiss army knife was illegal. Yup. Not something to be shared anytime soon.

Of course, the siblings did. They always did. Handing him one, he easily worked it into the cantaloupe, expertly extracting an eighth of the sphere with easy motions, and no cutting of own appendages. Tucking the melon under one arm, he then sliced the part he'd taken out into four slices. Offering up his hand to the siblings, they each took one slice, and he held out the last one to Vivian. It was a ritual for him. At the places he knew, where he was friendly with the producers, he always bought one of their fruits or vegetables for a tasting, and shared it with them. Sometimes he would buy more for later, sometimes he only bought that one. It was the way it went. Except, this time Vivian was involved, too.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Vivian Avery
 Posted: Jun 6 2014, 02:33 AM

67 POSTS

Unaffiliated
Independent

Owner of Avery's Diner
Shapeshifter
Dove
PLAYED BY Garnet

Commentary

Outfit

Word Count: 399

Vivian was listening intently as he described the sandwich. It seemed like there was a lot going into this sandwich;however, the more that it was described the more she felt her mouth water. Even just describing the food seemed to get her to crave it. And she did not even know quite well what he wanted to make, but even the little bits were appetizing. Of course when he finished sharing the idea for the sandwich she was pretty much ready to drag him off so that he could make the sandwich right now. But she knew that she needed to keep a calm mind over such the thing. Acting a hungry fiend while out in public would not look very good. So she looked over to him and calmly said, “Well I will have to try a sample of this before we add it to the menu. I would like to give a thorough test-tasting it.” She nodded her head firmly but there was a glint in her eye of how excited she was to hear about it.

There was a bit of giggle from her. “Yes, I am the boss. “ She said with a bright smile. She was expected to be questioned on that those things. Something that she was just used to when people heard such a young person happened to be running a business. It was nice that Adam was confident about her being his boss. To her, it meant that she was doing something right. She arched a brow at what he had said about him getting unwise ideas in his head. “I have no idea what you mean.” She said snickering just a bit. She watched at he quickly got a cantaloupe, as it seemed like he moved really fast to grab something. She had not expected he had gotten it for them to have a snack for, but she had to wonder if it happened to be with how much she went on about enjoying the things he make. It did kick up a bit of her appetite.

”Thank you,” Vivian said with a smile as she happened to take the slice. “Always so thoughtful, “ She grinned widely, as she enjoyed seeing how thoughtful Adam was. And just by the reaction of the siblings this did not seem like it was something he was doing just for her.

PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 08:49 PM

33 POSTS

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

He'd made the sandwich for Gemma before, and she'd loved it, but it wasn't to everyone's liking. Well, actually, more often than not it was a big hit, but... He knew better than to claim everyone would like it, and he certainly didn't know if Vivian would. Not that he was opposed to fixing a large variety of dishes and having Vivian taste test them... But that could definitely lead places that, although pleasurable for his imagination, were not in the legit realm of possibility. At least, he didn't think so.

“Of course, anything you want. I figure you'd want that with anything I come up with for a random, every now and then menu.” He smiled, but shook his head ruefully at her snickers. Ahh, if only she knew. But he knew himself well. He could be completely devoted to someone and still be a flirt, it was just who he was. Didn't mean he ran off to bed with them. He and Shanti had been completely exclusive. With Vivian, while he liked the thought he could be that same way with her, he just didn't know. And his kids, I mean... They were the biggest part of the equation. If they didn't like someone he dated, well...that was the end of it. He'd make sure they gave fair, objective reasons as to their dislike, but as long as it was a solid explanation... No matter what he felt, his kids feelings were more important to him.

He needed to stop thinking so much. Nodding, he gave a quick, “Welcome,” before digging in himself. It was perfectly sweet, and deliciously juicy. Nodding to himself, he figured it'd be good to get a couple. Twitching his nose slightly, he was able to pick up which ones would likely be best. “Thoughtful? Only sometimes.” He grinned cheekily at her, then picked out the ones he wanted. The siblings already knew what that meant. They'd hold that specific produce for him until he made his rounds of the market, then he'd pick it all up after getting some bags from his car. Once upon a time, it had been “until he brought his bicycle over”, but that had since changed. Thank goodness.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Affiliates
RPG-D
One Hell of a Turn

CHAT
STATS
FACTIONS
OPEN THREADS
SUMMER