WINDBLOWN
DUST IN THE WIND, ALL THEY ARE IS DUST IN THE WIND
Welcome to Windblown, a modern supernatural roleplay revolving around the city of Windblown, Colorado. Though humanity may still be reeling from the shocking realization that the monsters are real, the supernatural community grapples with maintaining diplomatic relations with their more mundane neighbors. Windblown has been a testament that the normal and paranormal can live together peacefully, but is that peace sustainable? As the city develops and grows the oversight of the Supernatural Investigations Division has become more obvious. In the city of Windblown there's always been an unspoken rule - if you can't control yourself, SID will.

WINDBLOWN
SPOTLIGHT AWARDS
The votes are in and the June of the Months have been announced! The members have spoken and the spotlights have been filled! Congratulations to those who've grabbed a coveted space and thank you to everyone who participated in the nomination and voting process. We know it was hard to choose one character for each spot given how many spectacular critters we have running around! Junes's Surprise might have been Our Local Law Enforcement but who knows what the next will be.

Keep your eyes peeled!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply

Breakdown, Tag: Adam
Charlotte Sycamore
 Posted: May 19 2014, 09:35 PM

28 POSTS

Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Clan Felidae
Hunter

Exotic Dancer
Werecreature
Born Wereserval
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Location - Side of the road, Slumtown

Time - Weekday, Afternoon

Tags - Adam

Words - 739

"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours."

It never failed. She worked her ass off and the second she had a day off to get the basic life necessities taken care of everything went to shit. At this point Charlie was ready to tell Murphy and his law to kiss her ass. The day had started out much like any other. She had got back to her tiny apartment in Slumtown barely before the sun rose, having finished up her shift at the strip club and then hanging out with some of the dancers to throw back a few drinks. By the time the sun did come up and most normal people were heading out to work Charlie was passed out on her bed, black out curtains doing their best to block out the rest of the world. She wouldn't get to sleep in long, however, when you worked six days out of seven most weeks you needed that one day to do everything else. Her alarm almost was introduced to the wall across the room when it went off, however, because not only was she simply not ready to get up, she was not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. She was as close to being a vampire as you could be without the whole sucking blood thing.

After a shower to wash off the smell of the club along with the body oil the dancers all slicked themselves down in Charlie threw on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, throwing her hair back in a bandana and calling it good. Since she was working she didn't bother with makeup, not caring who saw the bags under her eyes. Charlie never had been a high maintenance kind of girl; even though most would not believe her if they only saw her at work. Work was work though and out of work she was on her own time and she had far better shit to do then waste time primping in a mirror for some random strangers’ pleasure. Today Charlie had laundry to do, which meant an excruciating trip to the Laundromat, a chore she despised with every ounce of her being. She did it first to get it the hell out of the way and then focused on the rest of her list which included a couple of stops at random shops around town including the grocery store. With her backpack and saddlebags she had plenty of room to pick up the few things she needed for a household of one which was a good thing because she hated taking the bus. The smells especially always bombarded her extra sensitive senses and made her want to bleach out her nose by the time she got home.

Several hours later and she had finally left the grocery store, her last stop, and was heading home when Murphy popped his ugly head up and kicked her in the teeth. A sputter, a stutter, and next thing she knew she was gliding her motorcycle to the side of the road. The damn thing had gone and just died on her. It wasn't that she was worried about fixing it, she had built the chopper from the ground up to begin with, it was the damn inconvenience of it. She had groceries in her bags, she was still several miles from home so pushing the bike home would be a nightmare, especially with how idiotically people drove on the streets of Slumtown, and all she wanted to do was get home, put her feet up, pop open a beer and relax for a few hours before returning to work the next day. Cursing under her breath Charlie kicked the stand down, wiggled out of her backpack which she left on the curb but kept close so no one could just swipe, stripped out of her leather coat and helmet and pulled out her took kit from the pack of the bike, unrolling in on the seat. She hoped it was just a loose connection and sooner rather than later she would be on her way. Unfortunately her bike was usually as big of a bitch as she was and nothing was ever easy or simple when it came to it. The only good thing was that the road she was on was not a major freeway or heavily traveled so she didn't have to worry, too much, about getting run over while on the shoulder.

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
DAVEY REED

PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 19 2014, 10:04 PM

33 POSTS

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

Commentary
tags@Charlotte Sycamore
Here comes the winter. I hear you've lost your head in the snow, and you're having trouble finding your way home. If you died before you wake, they'll make up songs about you; hear the children sing. At the bottom of the lake, they can't afford to find you. You learn how to live alone... Can't someone help me find my way home?

In sixty years, not once had he owned a car. He could, however, drive a car. He could drive a car, bus, moped, motorcycle, tractor, semi-truck, and a boat. When you joined the CIA, they trained you in all manner of technique, not just how to kill people. Though he did not own a car, he did own a bicycle. It was an older model, made for an adult male, but painted a cheery purple.

Adam Eriksson lived in Midtown, along with his son. At least for now. Once, his daughter had lived there as well, but she had long since moved out. He didn't mind, but it meant he spent more time at work, or out riding his bicycle. Today, he was in regular dark jeans, and a dark green button down. Though he did look faintly silly riding a bicycle of such bright color through Slumtown, he didn't care. Adam was calm, and felt... Good. The day looked like it would be a good one.

A scent briefly hit his nostrils before he tracked the exact location it came from. Another werebeast was out, something he hadn't expected. But he was okay with that, because he saw her. And damn, she was gorgeous. Truly, Adam figured his constant flirting since the death of Shanti was more than likely a defense mechanism to keep him from developing a serious relationship. But at least flirting was fun.

Rolling to a stop, Adam hopped off of the bicycle, continuing to walk forward, steering the contraption by the handlebars. "Broke down?" She seemed to be preparing to work on a motorcycle of all things, and he was more than happy to attempt to help. Or watch. Or just leave if she was grumpy, but he'd probably end up staying. He liked challenges...

--------------------
Here comes the winter. I hear you've lost your head in the snow, and you're having trouble finding your way home. If you died before you wake, they'll make up songs about you; hear the children sing. At the bottom of the lake, they can't afford to find you. You learn how to live alone... Can't someone help me find my way home? ---------------------------------------

signature template by sweet brisus of shine
PMEmail
^
Charlotte Sycamore
 Posted: May 23 2014, 04:04 AM

28 POSTS

Clan Felidae
Hunter

Exotic Dancer
Werecreature
Born Wereserval
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Location - Side of road, Slumtown

Tags - Adam

Words - 864

There was a very pregnant pause that seemed to just hang in the air for a moment after the sentence was spoken. "Broke down? Charlie had heard the bicycle approaching and even though she had silently willed him to continue on down the road he had stopped by her instead. Charlie had bit back a sigh because if she was honest with herself she knew most people would probably want someone to stop if they were broken down and offer to help. Just because she had a bad attitude and a general animosity to most people didn't mean she should always act on those feelings. Now, if he could have just asked her if she needed help or something reasonable like that, but no, no he had to ask the stupid question and Charlie could feel it bubbling all the way down in her gut. The need for sarcasm was just too strong to resist, not after she had already been so good to that point. Slowly Charlie raised her head, an exhalation of breath blowing strands of ebony hair out of her eyes as she leveled those blue orbs on the man. With the hand holding a wrench Charlie absently wiped her arm across her forehead leaving a smear of grease in its wake. "Actually," Charlie started slowly, drawing the word out. Anyone who knew her would be having alarms going off all over the place at her tone and pacing of her words. "Actually, I thought I would pull over and take in the view. I was just riding down the street and thought to myself, self, when is the last time we pulled over onto the shoulder and just watched the world go by?"

Now, not everyone was always appreciative of Charlie's sense of humor, especially when she moved more into the realm of sarcasm. There were several ways this could go from this point. The guy could just roll with it, laugh at himself and his truly unfortunately choice of words, he could get huffy and have his wittle feelings hurt and huff off all ruffled feathers, or he could be one of those self-important, testosterone laden, assholes who swung first at any perceived offense and thought about the consequences.. well, never. Leaning forward she rested her forearms on her jean clad knees. Her position perched on the low curb had her practically folded in half. Charlie had long legs, at 5'7 she was almost all legs which was always good for business. Her knees were bent and her feet pulled in almost to her butt so that she could reach between her up drawn knees to get to the bike. Like most of her non-work clothes the jeans she was wearing were several years old and had definitely seen better days. They were frayed at the hem with several holes in the legs, one of which allowed a pale knee to poke through at the bend. The wrench swung lazily from her fingertips as she dangled it, looking up to see what her would be rescuer would do. He didn't strike her as the overly sensitive, testosterone ridden asshole, however she could tell that he too was a werecreature like her and because of that it was harder to be certain of demeanor. Hell, for all she knew he could decide to shift into whatever animal it was he shared a body with and try to eat her face.

The thought had a wry grin twisting at the corners of her lips, but Charlie had an odd sense of humor. "So you know anything about bikes? I mean real bikes with actual motors, not chains. I need to test some of these connections. If you wanted to be of actual help you could hand me tools as I ask for them. It would speed this along some." Her eyes traveled from his face down to his chest, but it was his hands she was looking for. "If your mitts aren't too big you might even be able to help me tighten up a few of these, but it's going to be a tight fit. How about it cowboy, can you get your fingers into tight places?" A smile did appear then, but it was a slow, lazy smile that took it's time forming on her lips, curving the corners up first before showing just a hint of teeth as her lips parted just the slightest bit. The movement caused a dimple to form on her left cheek and the skin to crinkle up at the corners of her eyes; her blue eyes deepening with the emotion, even twinkling you could say. Then just like that it was gone and Charlie's face had settled into a more neutral expression. "You got a name cowboy? You can call me Charlie. Never thought I'd be rescued by a city cowboy on his purple metal steed." She glanced at the bike before letting her gaze fall on the man again. This time she started her perusal at his feet and let it travel upwards at a leisurely pace. From her position sitting on the curb it afforded her a very nice view indeed.

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
DAVEY REED
PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: May 25 2014, 08:52 PM

33 POSTS

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

Here comes the winter. I hear you've lost your head in the snow, and you're having trouble finding your way home. If you died before you wake, they'll make up songs about you; hear the children sing. At the bottom of the lake, they can't afford to find you. You learn how to live alone... Can't someone help me find my way home?

A soft hum escaped Adam at her anger, and he snorted in amusement. Shrugging lightly, he smiled, "Hey, now. I know it wasn't the smartest thing to say, but I don't know you. You could very well be someone who thinks just that way. I know people who legitimately do." Thinking of one of his de facto bosses caused him to chuckle. Hopefully, she wouldn't get pissy at him not caring about her saying it. It wasn't that he didn't care, actually, it was more like... Was more like it just didn't bother him. If she ended up attacking him, well... Just as well, he didn't mind dropping her and moving on with his bicycle. He didn't really want to, but it was no sweat off his back.

Honestly, he hadn't noticed much about the woman. Not anything beyond his brain registering she was beautiful. Her height didn't occur to him, nor did her clothes. He might have once worked for the CIA, but he was still a male. And as a male, tended to not notice the particulars of an adjective such as "beautiful" beyond the fact of it.

"I know a little bit about all sorts of vehicles," Adam shrugged. Once, he had been forced to figure out how to fly a plane with absolutely no experience beyond simulators. It had been life or death though, so he figured it out. "What I don't know I can generally figure out with ease. Though, I'd hate to piss you off by messing something up, though I would undoubtedly fix it." He chuckled at the last part, shaking his head. "That makes me sound like an arrogant asshole, but it's just how it is."

Setting his bicycle against a fortitiously placed chain link fence, he turned and crouched down next to her. "I know the tools though." He had been examing the bike, but his eyes flicked up, his head tilting up to look at her at the flirtatious comment. "Well, never been called a cowboy before, but shiiiit..." He drew it out, making it sound more like "sheeeet", and easily falling into a very competent southern drawl. (Third month in the CIA, a variety of accents were taught. He did best with U.S. based accents, but could swing varying European ones as well.) "I'll gladly accept the title if it's coming from you." A wide grin spread across his features, easily vanishing as soon as hers did, almost mirroring it.

The accent dropped, he said, "Adam." He straightened for a moment, standing up and fishing around in one of his pockets. He pulled out a bike chain, turned to the bicycle, and chained it up with a shrug. "Well, in this neighborhood it probably won't do much, but..." He shrugged, turned back to Charlie again and crouched. "I can ride a real horse. I'll see if I can find one, and come back if you'd prefer." The smile pulling up one side of his cheek made it clear he was teasing.

--------------------
Here comes the winter. I hear you've lost your head in the snow, and you're having trouble finding your way home. If you died before you wake, they'll make up songs about you; hear the children sing. At the bottom of the lake, they can't afford to find you. You learn how to live alone... Can't someone help me find my way home? ---------------------------------------

PMEmail
^
Charlotte Sycamore
 Posted: May 28 2014, 03:20 AM

28 POSTS

Clan Felidae
Hunter

Exotic Dancer
Werecreature
Born Wereserval
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Tags - Adam

Words - 712

Charlie had a habit of making snap decisions, about people, about plans, about just about everything. She went with her gut and didn't spend time second guessing herself. It didn't mean she was always right, but after the life she had lived she no longer had time for regret. Things were what they were and you could spend the present regretting the past, you could spend the present living for the future, or you could simply live in the moment. Charlie usually chose the latter. It only took a moment but a grin formed on her face and Charlie decided she liked this guy. Yup, just like that the decision was made. He had said the right things, had the right attitude, and managed to strike Charlie in just the right way. The result was not only the smile but the very subtle shift in her body language, just a hint of tension left her muscles which most people would not even notice happening. Someone with Adam's background and training in observation might detect it, if he could get passed the fact that she was female that was.

"Nothing wrong with arrogant assholes as long as they can recognize it in themselves and be honest about it." Charlie grinned, reaching up absently to tuck a lock of hair that had escaped from her ponytail and bandana back behind her ear. No, assholes didn't bother her much at all; she would take an asshole who admitted to it over an asshole who tried to hide behind a charming smile and all the right words any day. Then again Charlie was known for her own bluntness. "Aww, don't worry about pissing me off Cowboy, I'm in a perpetual state of irritation so I can promise you that it won't affect my utterly sunny disposition any." She flashed a wink and a smirk as she poked fun at herself at her own expense. That whole honesty thing about who you are went for herself too although she probably gave herself less credit than she deserved. Self deprivation was something she had been doing since she was a child.

Charlie watched as Adam puttered about, locking up his bicycle to a chain linked fence. It caused an eyebrow to rise slightly under her inky black bangs, but hell she guessed someone could try to swipe it while they were working on the motorcycle. Of course then they would have two pissed off werecreatures to deal with, but hey all the more fun for them. Charlie wasn't sure why she had decided to call Adam 'Cowboy', it just sort of came out of her mouth and seemed to suit him. His impersonation had a throaty chuckle rumbling out of her chest and an amused expression on her face. Yeah, she liked this one. "Oh yeah? Cause it's coming from me huh? What else would you let me get away with Cowboy?" Her blue grey eyes cut over towards him as he crouched down next to her and she handed him over one of the wrenches. Oh yes, she was quite good at multitasking, especially when it came to working and flirting at the same time. Years of experience.

Adam's offer of going to find a real horse caused her to shake her head and roll her eyes, but the smile was still there. "Oh Adam, Adam, Adam. Why in the world would I want a smelly animal that shits all over the place when I have this beautiful beast right here in front of me?" Charlie reached out and let her hand slide across the body of the motorcycle, caressing the curves of the frame as someone might a person. "Besides horses don't purr when you turn them on, don't tremble between your legs when you coax them to open up just a little more." Her voice had dropped an octave and her lids were heavy over her eyes as she peered at Adam from under them as she spoke. "She just needs a little bit of love right now, a few little tweaks, and soon she will be back in prime condition. You say you know the tools, so I will show you all the right moves. That is if you think you're up for it."

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
DAVEY REED
LEILAH THIEN
PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 01:48 PM

33 POSTS

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

The simple, nearly invisible shift of tension from her body language didn't escape Adam. He was trained after all, and femme fatale assassins weren't unheard of. Body language was important, and reading it was paramount to the job. He wasn't working anymore, so though he noticed, it slid away from his attention as quickly as it had come. It didn't really bother him. People were like that, that's just...how it was. People did it all the time, and he had no qualms with it.

"Now, now-- I'm not too much of an asshole, am I?" He shot her a grin. Adam didn't think he was such a bad guy, but then again... Everyone had their own opinion. Watching her, he shook his head at her reply. "Varying levels of irritated throughout your day then, huh?" He snorted slightly, shook his head. "Yeah, I know how that goes..." He rubbed one hand against his face, and tried to push thoughts of Caelia out of his head. His daughter always seemed to be irked with him, one way or another. Still, he didn't want to be worrying about that right now.

"Who am I to dislike what the pretty people choose to call me, if they do?" He joked, though it wasn't simply a joke - She was pretty. Still. "Well, I dunno... S'pose we'll have to wait and see, take it on a case by case basis." He accepted the wrench from her, looked at how the mechanics were set up.

He cocked a brow at what she said, and smiled slightly at her. "Why, Charlie. Dare I say it seems you're trying to come onto me," A laugh left him, and Adam shook his head. "Yeah, just point the way, I promise to follow your instructions to the letter." He winked.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Charlotte Sycamore
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 01:03 AM

28 POSTS

Clan Felidae
Hunter

Exotic Dancer
Werecreature
Born Wereserval
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Tags - Adam

Words - 742

Charlie cracked a smile, quirking her head to the side, "Never said too much. I ain't kicking your ass to the curb yet am I?" In truth that probably said more about Charlie's opinion of Adam than anything else except since Adam didn't know her or her general dislike for most of the population he wouldn't realize that just her speaking more than two words to him put him in quite high regards. Now Charlie could blame her past, her parents, her growing up and such on her general bad attitude and chip on her shoulder, but she had a pretty good idea that no matter how she had grown up she would have ended up the exact same. So she simply embraced it. Why fight nature? Charlie couldn't help but look amused as Adam rubbed at his face. It would appear that she wasn't the only one who had various thorns in their side and wondered absently if it was family or possibly a wife that his mind went to. A quick glance at his hands revealed there was no ring and no tan line which was the second thing you had to look for. A lot of guys tucked their wedding band in their pocket on the way in to the strip club which always amused Charlie to no end because one, you could see the tan line and indentation and two, 99% of the strippers wouldn't go home with a customer any way. Men, they had their pipe dreams though.

"Pretty huh?" A well manicured eyebrow raised, disappearing under the black bandana she had tied around her head to hold her hair back. There was no false modesty in her expression or tone. Sure she was used to compliments flowing off people's tongues like water when she was at the club, but their eyes were always glued on her breasts or ass or anywhere not on her face and even if they did manage to look up while at work Charlie was always decked out in makeup and glitter and done up to the nines. It was the reason why when she was off work she didn't bother with any of it, wore ratty clothes, shoved her hair into ponytails and covered it with a bandana. Hell, she wasn't even wearing chap stick. Being a born werecreature however told her that he wasn't lying which left her both surprised and confused. "Well Cowboy, I guess we will just have to wait and see then. If you're up for the challenge." Charlie's lips continued to curl slyly at the corners, something about her smile and the look in her eyes generating more of a devious appearance than a happy one. She was glad to see him take the wrench; she was enjoying their little banter, but at the same time her bike did need to be fixed and this way both could get accomplished at the same time. Who knew, maybe she would even invite him to grab a drink or something afterwards if the whim struck. Her groceries were eventually going to need to get to the refrigerator.

"Come on to you, why baby I was talking to the bike." Charlie smirked and let her fingers trail down over the chrome of the pipes, chuckling low in her throat. "But if you can purr as prettily I could be tempted to reconsider." With a flash of a wink Charlie slid herself forward off of the curb and pulled herself onto her knees. "First things first, we just want to double check connections and make sure everything is nice and tight. If you want to slide over to the other side and just mirror me we'll start at the handlebars and work our way down." Charlie came up onto her knees and setting her wrench on the seat began to check the various wires and connections, glancing over to watch Adam get settled and make sure he didn't have any questions for her. "So Cowboy, you often ride around rescuing damsels in distress stranded on the side of the road or am I just a lucky feline?" Another wink and Charlie glanced down at her motorcycle. She could tell Adam was from the Mustelidae clan which put her more at ease since they had a good relationship with her clan. Normally it would have been her luck to bump into a canidae, maybe Murphy had finally got tired of her.

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
DAVEY REED
LEILAH THIEN
PMEmail
^
Adam Eriksson
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 08:47 PM

33 POSTS

Clan Mustelidae
Warrior

Cook at Avery's Diner
Werecreature
Born Werewolverine
PLAYED BY Ann

“Good thing too, I really prefer to keep my ass non-curbside,” Adam gave a low chuckle. “Yeah, pretty. S'not that hard to believe for you, is it?” Again, he laughed. He doubted she hadn't gotten compliments before. Didn't matter what she was wearing – she had nice, pretty skin, and her facial features were pretty much perfectly proportioned and lovely. Pretty.

It was amusing to him that she continued calling him “Cowboy”. He wasn't southern by any means, he'd been born in Windblown, but hey! He truly didn't mind. Adam was, like many men, happy with whatever a pretty lady (or in his case, lady or man) happened to call him. As long as they avoided specific namecalling. It wasn't that he couldn't take some of it, after all, he'd been called a dumb-ass and idiot plenty of times by Shanti. But there were some things you shouldn't call a man who knows over a hundred ways to kill you and leave no trace.

“See, now I know you're coming onto me,” Adam shook his head as she replied to his previous comment. He mirrored her movements, and checked things as well. No, there were no questions. As he'd previously said, enough tinkering and he could figure out how something worked – which an instructor, he was getting it even faster. His brow went up at her mention of “feline”, mostly because he hadn't thought she'd flat out mention it, but whatever. He certainly didn't have any particular feelings one way or another over it. As a warrior of his clan, mostly he tried to protect his own. But he also followed orders, and if that meant helping out a member of a clan they were semi-friendly with, he certainly wouldn't mind. He had only recently returned to the place of his birth, but already, some preliminary looks had told him that Clan Feliade had gotten much stronger than some would think. Perhaps they were like his own clan – just waiting for the right time.

“Guess you're just lucky. But you've already got those nine lives on your side, so it isn't so far out of the question that you get a little extra luck. What was that potion from H.P?” Adam took a moment to think on it, still finishing up his side of the bike while he tried to remember... “Ah! Yeah. Felix Felicis. Everyone knows cats have a little more luck than everyone else. Even authors.” He looked over to her with a crooked smile.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Charlotte Sycamore
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 04:36 AM

28 POSTS

Clan Felidae
Hunter

Exotic Dancer
Werecreature
Born Wereserval
PLAYED BY Mouse

Commentary
Outfit - Here

Tags - Adam

Words - 849

Charlie gave a shrug. It wasn't that she believed in false modesty and she wasn't trying to play coy, she was just a realist and in her world compliments were nine times out of ten attached to an expectation. "I have good genes, I had nothing to do with it. Apparently there is something in our DNA that reacts positively to symmetry." Yup, that was Charlie for you. Pay her a compliment, she reacted with some random semi-quasi-possible sounding logic. Although she couldn't help but glance down at her choice of outfits that she had thrown on that afternoon; the old t-shirt, the torn up jeans, leather boots that looked like they would fit right in at any biker bar, and while she had shed her leather jacket she still wore her arm warmers that were imprinted with images of skeleton bones. Yeah, she looked like some sweet, delicate flower; oh so pretty. Charlie couldn't help the smirk that formed at herself. "You'll have to forgive me Adam. A girl in my profession isn't used to compliments given without expectations. It is simply not the way the world tends to work."

A low, rumbling chuckle vibrated in her chest as he joked with her. He was a quick one with a sharp wit and Charlie liked that in a person, it made conversation interesting. She always found turn about fair play and if you could give as good as you could get then you were more likely to hold her attention for more than the space of a heartbeat. As he teased her about coming on to him Charlie just gave a wiggle of her eyebrows as well as a wiggle of her body. Hell, she hadn't been and she knew he knew that, but it wasn't like she could do worse. Adam was a good looking guy. She watched him as he circled around to the other side of the bike, mirroring her movements, impressed as how quickly and easily he seemed to catch on. The man was a natural and graceful in his movements. Charlie also noted the arched eyebrow when she 'outed' herself. "Did I surprise you?" She asked curiously although it had been apparent she had at least on some level. "I never have been good about being closeted. I am the head huntress for Clan Felidae, lived here the past four years, serval by birth, dancer by trade, and now you know just about everything." Charlie chuckled, her fingers continuing to move over the bike as she talked, multitasking easily.

"Well Cowboy, I will be honest with you. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I am not much of a reader. Never have been. As far as luck goes, I've always said that if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all." Charlie grinned across the bike at Adam and then gave a meaningful down at the motorcycle as if to say, see what I mean? Still she didn't seem all that troubled by any of it, the entire situation seeming to be rolling off her shoulders. "I am glad for those nine lives. I am pretty certain I must be on at least seven or eight. I burnt through quite a few of them early on." Charlie paused, her words trailing off as her eyes narrowed slightly and she was pulling herself forward onto her knees and then folding herself almost in half. For a moment she did indeed look quite cat-like as she perched on all fours, her well-worn, faded jeans pulled taunt across her backside as her back arched so that she could stretch forward and reach a small wire. "Found it!" Charlie fiddled for a second and then pulled herself back up to standing, wiping her dirty hands across the seat of her pants before cranking the bike, her teeth biting into her lip until she heard the sweet sound that only a Harley can make as the engine turned over. "Thank the fucking gods!" She declared happily now that her groceries weren't going to spoil and she wasn't going to be stranded on the side of the road.

"So Cowboy, I need to get my groceries back to my apartment, but you feel like coming by and having a beer and pizza or we could go out for a beer if you're more comfortable and I can say thank you for coming to my rescue? We can either leave your bike here or if you want to bike to my place we can lock it up there. We're only a couple miles from my place. The neighborhood is just as shitty as it is here so you might be better off locking your bike up in my apartment. Totally up to you though." It was strange, Charlie didn't normally invite people back to her place, she didn't normally willing hang out with people socially at all, but Adam had been rather enjoyable company to that point. She probably would totally regret it later, but fuck it, she had already extended the invitation.

GEMMA AVERY
CHARLIE SYCAMORE
TABITHA HARTLEY
LOGAN DANIELS
DAVEY REED
LEILAH THIEN
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates
RPG-D
One Hell of a Turn

CHAT
STATS
FACTIONS
OPEN THREADS
SUMMER
YEAR 2021